Can anyone relate? sorry long

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharie, Jun 2, 2003.

1. sharie

sharie New Member

I hope that I can say this correctly, lately nothing comes out of my mouth right.

I was diagnosed 3 months ago, after about 1 year of symptoms. I'm probably paying closer attention to my body since the diagnosis. It seems that I am spiraling downward. Up until I was diagnosed my symptoms occured about every 6 to 8 weeks. Some stayed with me and some went away. When I was told it was fm, I thought I had hit bottom, but I seemed to have recovered, not fully but much better.

Now I am noticing closer frequency with my strange symptoms and my reuccuring ones are intensifying. Not unbareable, just a little stronger. Kind of like headaches and the traveling pain. The headaches are lasting longer and the traveling pain tends to stay longer in one spot. I also find myself much more emotional.

I'm not really sure of what I want to ask, but I feel like I am so new, but so in-tune to my body and I don't know what this all means. I know fm is and has different symptoms for everybody but is there one underlying trend? I notice that some people are far worse off then others. How did you start out?

I do hope that this makes sense, and I guess in a way what I really need is a little support so I don't think I am going crazy!!!
    Sharie
  2. Revella

Revella New Member

was diagnosed with FM about 8 years ago, but had the symptoms much longer than that. My symptoms are worse sometimes than others and they last longer and increasingly get worse before I get relief.

You are not crazy! Even though most of us have been told that many times by "friends?", and /or doctors.
    I feel crazy sometimes though.

To me, the most constant symptoms I have are being exhausted, stiff and sore and hurting!

Keep hanging in. People will question and tell you that you can't be as sick as you think you are or you wouldn't do some to the things that are absolutely neccessary to survive. Just ignore them, if only they new.

Welcome,
    Revella
  3. sharie

sharie New Member

I am so glad that you all can understand me. I think that I am just getting frustrated with all of this. Everytime I feel like I have a handle on this dd, something changes. My husband has been supportive, but I hate to always have to burden him with my complaints. I also have 2 small kids at home and it does get hard playing happy, healthy mommy day after day, when sometimes all I want to do is lay in my bed and cry. I know that I need to slow down, that things are not the same anymore. It's just hard to do.

It is so nice to have a place like this to come to....too learn and share experiences.

Sharie
  4. TinysMom

TinysMom New Member

HI SHARIE;
    I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THIS DD LAST DECEMBER, AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF MISERY AND MUCH RESEARCH. I TOO WAS OVERWHELMED, AND VERY DOWN. I WAS ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER. I AM 55, SO MENOPAUSE WAS A FACTOR TOO. I FINALLY HAD MY FIBRO DR. PRESCRIBE EFFEXOR, AN ANTIDEPRESSANT. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE MADE IN AGES! I HAVE HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS, OTHER THAN SLIGHT NAUSEA FOR THE 1ST WEEK. I AM UNDER CONTROL AGAIN, EMOTIONALLY. WHICH CAN CONTROL MANY OTHER THINGS TOO. THE PAIN IS NO BETTER, BUT I CAN DEAL WITH IT BETTER, AND WITH LIFE IN GENERAL.
    BEST WISHES, TINYSMOM