can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamafurr, May 15, 2003.

1. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

my doc once told me that sometimes this dd just goes away. that gave me a glimmer of hope. however, i am just getting worse by the day. i was wondering if anyone is so bad they just cannot get out of bed. i feel like that daily, take lots of pain med. w/out them i WOULD be in bed. i don't want to sound maudlin or negative, just curious how bad this could actually get. sometimes i feel like i just couldn't get any worse and voila the next day...poof, worse. new symptom. latest is pretty bad nausea. maybe its the methadone. but crap, 6 and 6 1/2 a dozen etc. my latest flare-up has lasted 7 days. then my mind says "maybe you just have the flu". can anyone relate?
    take care.
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

but I understand what your saying. I haven't had a day were I didn't get out of bed, but after getting up I was on the couch all day. Somedays I have very little pain and then the next day it washes over me like a tidal wave. I know it's hard to hang in there when it's hard to function, but try hard to focus on the good things. And I agree, if you get to depressed seek some help. Most of what I am going through has just hit me all at once in a matter of weeks, although I have had the fatigue and fever for awhile. It's been pretty scary not knowing what to expect but coming to this board helps.Even still, it does get pretty overwhelming and I am looking forward to better days.
    Take Care and hang on.
    Takesha
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But a lot of us have gotten better through trial and error, researching various treatments. Usually when the "illness just goes away," it is because a person's immune system is able to recover most of its effectiveness. Some go into remission only to get sick again down the road.

It is also possible to get worse. Stress is the worst factor in making us sicker. Lifestyle changes are a necessity if we want to heal. We need to reduce stress, increase quality sleep, exercise, and eat healthy diets. After that, certain drugs, supplements, and treatments offer help.

I hope you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie

4. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I wish I could say that I have never been there. But it has become a common occurance lately to be in bed with no relief in sight. I hope and pray that it will get better. And usually I get one descent day out of the week. Hang on, you're not alone.

Kathryn
  5. baybe

baybe New Member

I also have MPS which for me often seems to be the worst of it. I personally don't hold out much hope for a remission or cure. In a way this has freed me up to live and plan for a different kind of life. My despondancy is getting less on daily basis, because I am now focused on learning to do things like ask for help, limit the commitments I make and in general pare down my life.
    This is not to say I don't continue to seek a cure or at least some lessening of this disease. In fact, I find I'm more at ease and have taken the pressure off my self to get past this disease and back to my life. This is my life, not the one I once had but my life none the less. It has taken me a long time to reach this point and yes, sometimes the thought of it depresses me, but I am not living in depression any longer. If a cure comes along I will be right there in line, but for now I'm trying to find my way into fighting for recognition and respect for this illness trying to switch my depression into Activism. I haven't made one inch into this but the research and belief that maybe at least I can be of help to all of us and our future has infused me with a desire to live.
    Essentially, for me acceptance of this disease has helped my mental state and daily life, this is not to be confused with futility and depression, what I feel is very different and I hope I will be able to turn it into a positive.