Can ANYONE show me a study showing vaccine safety?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Dec 15, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Can anyone show me a study showing vaccine safety in humans? ANY vaccine. The ACTUAL study only please.
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

First of all, your post sounds like you are not really looking for SAFETY, but the opposite. Am I right??

Well, anyway, I'm not here to defend or dismiss either. I've been a nurse for over 30 years, part of that time working in pediatrics. Never once did we have a child come back with documented problems because of vaccinations. But more than once did we have children from foreign countries come in, in very sad shape due to the lack of vaccinations in their countries.

ANYway, if you will go to the CDC's website, and plug in 'vaccination safety in human beings', you will get tons of information on almost every vaccination that there is. They are mostly tested on animals first, and then utilized on human beings. Not too many other ways to do it to prove safety issues. Good luck. PG
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

A neighbor of mine was talking about vaccines, and I am of the camp that does NOT believe in their safety or effectiveness. We each presented our beliefs and she insisted there were studies showing they were safe. I have NEVER actually seen a study showing they are SAFE. And I have looked, believe me. I see all the talk and justification given by CDC and Drs. but I cannot locate an ACTUAL STUDY that says it is safe.

If anyone can sleuth even one, can you post it here. I am a doubting THOMAS and need to see it.

Thanks
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

How can anything that contains mercury be safe? Are the people telling us not to eat too much fish because of mercury contamination the same people who are telling us to get flu shots which contain mercury? I'd sure like to see some of these studies, too.

karen
  5. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

My ex boyfriend almost died of Mumps because in his native country he was not vaccinated. He is now deaf because of mumps.

I can't believe there are still people out there who believe they shouldn't get any vaccines but I've heard of this.

I am concerned about mercury too, but I'd rather risk that than die of mumps or something ridiculous.

I am going to get only shots that I need, of course, and I plan on getting the shot for HPV (genetic predisposition to cervical cancer) so I am at high risk, and so benefits for me outweigh the risks.

Are you concerned about the vaccines for yourself or for children?
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

I was just thinking about flu shots because they guess what next year's strains are gong to be and usually pick about 3 of them and then grow them. But we never here about if they guessed the right strains or not. The only thing I've found is that the strains they grew in 2003 for the 2004 flu season were not a good guess and were basically useless. So why don't they have news casts saying "wow, a great year for flu shots, we guessed the right ones and averted a disaster"? I believe they are more of a money maker than anything and I'd like to see if they are really doing us any good.

I don't have children so I don't have to make that decision, thank God, because I've read alot of articles where some people, including some doctors, think there is a link between the mercury in vaccines and autism. Vaccines obviously can help but they need to come up with a preservative other than thimerosol.

happy xmas to all!

karen
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I haven't had time to do much research but I did find a little info.

Let me share a few thoughts though:

Most of my knowledge about vax comes from working in vet clinics. I never saw a vaccinated horse, dog or cat die from preventable infection but I did see many die who were not vaccinated.

I believe that vaccinations are overall safe and effective.

I don't believe everyone should have every vaccine.

I don't think that I should get a flu vaccine because there is too little known about CFS to know if it is safe for me.

Adverse reactions can and do occur to all vaccines just as they occur due to drugs, herbs, supplements and food.

The following website has some pretty good articles and info: http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/

I did a search for Mercury on the site and there was a good article explaining that concern. There are also charts that give all ingredients for many vaccines. You can also pull up the package insert for vaccines and they of course cite the applicable studies.

Don't know if this helps anyone or not.

Shar