Can anyone stay in bed in the morning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Dec 12, 2006.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

I hurt so bad through my lower back, hips and legs that I have to get up right away. Ah, how I wish I would just relax in bed some mornings!!! Do we all feel this way?
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

mornings is when I get my best sleep. I just take a pain pill when I get up to make sure my kids are gettin up for school, and its back to bed for me,,, praying that no one will phone and disturbs me!

Have you given that a try?

Raz
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My sweetie wakes me a few hours before my typical wake-up time so that I can take some pain pills. I don't let myself wake up too much - just enough to swallow a pill, then I go back to sleep.

By the time it's time for me to wake-up, my pain has settled down a bit. This allows me to sit up in bed with my heating pad, drink my morning coffee and watch the news.

This makes my mornings - typically a bad time for me - easier and thus provides a better start to my day.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I feel better if I get up when I wake up around 600a.m. if I try to stay in bed I"m in worse pain than if I just get up.
    I start the day slow. and take my time,but I've always been a morning person,
    I love the mornings in the summer when I can go out on the deck with my coffee and watch my horses in the pasture. thats what I live for and once in awhile a couple of deer.
    in the winter I watch out me sliders and watch the horses play in the snow and I have my bird feeder to watch,I love birds.I just love nature,
    the snow has melted here the last couple of days, so its kinda of nasty looking right now.
    my Dad always said if you miss the morning you"ve missed the best time of the day.
    sixtyslady
  5. Juloo

Juloo Member

I don't get them very much, but sometimes it works out that my husband will take our son in to school. I'll get up and have breakfast with the family, then I'll go back to bed around 7:30 or 8 a.m.

It's the best sleep I get. The shortest I'll sleep is about 3 hours. Sometimes, if I am in a bad way, I have slept until nearly 4 in the afternoon.
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I can't get up in the morning ...LOL

Seriously it feels like I am coming out of a general anaesthetic and takes me up to an hour to "come to" enough to get up.

Sorry for your pain though - hope someone has some good advice :)

Love Bunchy xx
  7. yjswan

yjswan New Member

I too cannot stay in bed in the morning due to pain in my lower back, hips and legs! You're not alone. However, before I get up completely, I go through a series of gentle stretches that takes about 15 minutes. I was taught them by an OT at a rehab program I attended for FM. I'm still pretty sore and stiff when I do get out of bed, but the stretches help relieve the pain especially in my lower back and most days I can survive without a pain pill until bedtime.

Yeah, I'm with you...I miss the good old days when I could stay in bed longer and enjoy it.

8. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

My husband keeps telling me just to lay there and go back to sleep but I can't. Am in too much pain. If I wake up around 5 or 5:30 I'll take a pain pill and can usually sleep until 7 or 7:30 but that's it. I don't know how I managed to work day turn up until a year ago, pure stubborness I think. These cold mornings in Ohio are even worse than they used to be. Yep, it's up and moving for me in the morning.

Judy
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I could not lay in bed due to this DD, my arthritis and severe neck and lower back pain. We bought a large recliner and that is where I have slept, before our adjustable bed was delivered last week.

It is a life saver for me. I thought I would always experience the pains and aches I have had for years. I am sure I will still experience them from time to time. For now, I have found my own little piece of heaven..

Yes, mornings can be 'heck'.....

Kim
  10. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I usually sleep during the daytime so yes I stay in bed...but there are times in the afternoon that I wake up and just have to get out of bed from the pain...this has gotten less frequent since we bought a memory foam topper.

Even when I do go to bed at night I find my best sleep is in the morning or daytime.
  11. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I have found the earlier I get up, before the rest of the family and take my pain meds, have my coffee and am not rushed, the better my day goes.

I am a morning person. I love the mornings, it is the quietest most relaxing part of my day. Yes, later in the morning around 10 I can't keep my eyes open..and I mean that literally! I have to nap, as a rule. Some days, when my kids are home, I will force myself to stay awake. I will tell myself to fight it so I can spend time with them. It is hard..but important to me.

Pain is something that I find if I get up at 5:30 - 6:00 is very real at that time. Sometimes excruciating, but I can take my pain meds and relax and let them work, before anyone is up.

That is what works best for me. It may not for others, but with three teenagers I can't count on them to get going on their own (boys to boot!). So if I can get the pain to a dull roar and relax before the caos starts I am much better off. Going back to bed isn't an option for me, and I have found my pain is worse when I get up the second time.

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have to get up due to pain and get in a hot shower and then get moving. For me not moving is the worst thing I can do for my FMS -- yes it does hurt to move but for me it hurts more if I just lay in bed and do not move.

I work part time and have other things I have to do also but it is usually back and hip pain or a migraine that gets me out of bed.

I know there are a lot of those here who are a lot worse than I am -- so I hope no one misconstrues this post it is just what I have to do to handle my FMS :)

I hope everyone has a fairly pain free day,

Karen :)
  13. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I find I need to get up...I think that moving around helps with that early morning stiffness...so by the time I make coffee, and let the dogs out, I am loosened up a bit. Going back to sleep isn't often an option, but if I wake up too early, I will take my pain meds, and then go back to sleep for a few more hours. But then the morning stiffness is often still there!
    I agree that the lack of movement that happens when we sleep seems to cause a lot of this morning pain we all seem to contend with.
    I was always a morning person as well, and I do miss that early morning energy I used to have!
  14. Line

Line New Member

Once I wake up I have to get up or I ache and get even stiffer, this am I was at 4:30. When I had to get up I did not want too now I want to sleep and cannot.

Hugs, Linda