Can anyone tell me what else to take for "FATIGUE"???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibro-Kel, May 22, 2006.

1. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Can anyone please tell me what else I could ask my "so called doctor", to put me on, for the "HORRIFIC FATIGUE"?
    I'm currently taking "Ritalin", and besides causing alot of headaches, it's just NOT working very well.

I'm "supposed" to start a "New Job" this wednesday, (working 7 days' a week!), and the fatigue is just Soooooo
    darn BAD! Between that and the "Pain" getting alot worse, I've got to get some "ideas", so I can tell the "so called doc". Oh yeah, "THERE IS NO INSURANCE"!!!

So whatever you suggest, has got to be CHEAP! It's so difficult, not having insurance. I think that's probably the "Main Reason" my doc, NEVER LISTENS to me! "JERK"!!!!!!

Oh, and "Please" say a prayer for me, (tomorrow) that for once, my doc actually "Listens" to me, and does something for a change to HELP ME!!!!!!!!

"Thanks Guys",
    "Love",
    Kel

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I wish there were some easy answers for you, but if we knew what to do for fatigue, none of us would be here...we'd be out running around having a blast like we used to do!!!!

As an ADHD, I probably will never agree with Docs prescribing Ritalin for energy as it really won't work for that...I take it every day and it does nothing for energy or I wouldn't be in this 2 year flare!!!

The only thing I've ever found to help with pain is taking a balanced magnesium/calcium supplement. It's cheap and helpful and one of the wonderful benefits is that it relaxes our muscles all over.

It also helped my fibro fog within days of beginning it.

Wish I could help you more...good luck with the job!

Nancy B.
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I had good luck with adding supplements, most help came from CoQ10
  4. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Hi, I also suffer from fatigue I am on provgil. I am not even sure it is working. I still feel very tired on most days. I noticed a post that titles Wake up!. Look for it on the first page. I tried to bump it to the top for you. Someone named Sharon wrote it.
  5. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

If you find a solution for the fatigue, alot of us hear would love to take it. Not only do I fight the terrible bone spliting pain, but the fatigue does me in for the rest of the time.

Suzette
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I take the generic of Adderall. It works pretty well for me.

I take 10 mg in the am, 10 mg at lunch and 10 mg about 4pm in the afternoon if I need it.

I also upped my CoEnzymeQ10 which is fairly cheap.

I have used NADH, which for the expense, I didn't see any results at all.

5-HTP is cheaper and supposed to help with energy.

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2006]
  7. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I've been taking calcium pyruvate for the past two weeks. It's supposed to help with weight loss and is good for exercising.

I've had more energy since I started and am walking 30 minutes a day. I still have pain issues from time to time but mentally I feel a lot better.

Anyone else finding calcium pyruvate helping with energy?

Regards,

Eileen
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I agree that COQ10 is helpful. Take as much as you can afford. It won't kick in right away, though. B12 is also helpful. more helpful in injectable form.

Kathy.