can anyone translate U.S. meds into U.K. names? please.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkquartz, Feb 20, 2003.

1. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

I'm trying to read and understand peoples posts re the meds that help them and i'm getting lost cos I don't understand what they are e.g. what is klonopin? is there any one on the board who could translate some of the common ones.
    thanks
    pinkquartz
  2. TerriM

TerriM New Member

try to see if I can find out for you. You mentioned Klonopin (it is a benzodiazepine like valium or another drug called ativan -- same family of drugs) . . . I will try to see if I can find U.K. name . . . before I look, can you tell me which other drugs you may be referring to? Like Elavil? or what else?? Thanks! Terri

p.s. we were posting last week about electrical sensitivity. I just got the watch & will try it and see if it works in any way (Teslar Watch) . . . have you heard of them? I am skeptical, but thought I'd try just in case. You had asked if I live in a metropolitan area . . . actually, I live outside of WAshington DC about 45 minutes, but I am in rural Tennessee now and almost EVERYONE has a cell phone here in the U.S. It is ridiculous . . . people sitting with other people in restaurants on the phone, at the post office, at the grocery store, at the bank . . . Take care of yourself.

3. sb439

sb439 New Member

Klonopin is Clonazepam, the UK brandname I believe is rivotril or ritrovil (oh for functining frontal lobes!).

Elavil is Amytriptilin (sp?), don't know UK brandname.

Susanne
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Elavil's generic name is Amitriptyline, but I haven't been able to find the U.K. name yet. I did find a listing for Klonopin & Susanne is correct . . . I think is it Ritrovil . . . I'll double check. Terri
  5. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i don't recognise Ritrovil but i can look it up tomorrow. Thanks for replying. I've been taking a med called Tamezpam to help me sleep for 9 years, its one of the benziodizapams, do you know what that would be in the U.S. ?

Hi Terrim,
    I live in a rural part of southern England called Dorset. There isn't a problem here with too many mobiles but the masts are appearing all over and I do have concerns at being too close to one of those.
    I find I can only use my mobile for 30 seconds before my head begins to burn and longer I get a nasty headache.
    Keep me informed re your watch, Telstar, I haven't heard of this before.
    I would love to stay somewhere without any electric wired in and see if that felt better. I did live for 15 months in a flat in avery old house with only a very basic minimum electric supply and I felt more relaxed and slept happier than before or since.
    Most of my friends just think I'm being a bit wierd about this but I know its true !
    take care,
    Pinkquartz
  6. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

for the info
    pinkquartz