Can Bromelain be causing my flare up/pains???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WW68, Apr 8, 2003.

1. WW68

WW68 New Member

Hello everyone. I started taking bromelain on Fri. because I heard it may be good for inflammation. I have CFS?FMS. WEll on Sun.(it is now WEd) I had a major flare up of excruciationg pain! Could it be the Bromelain, or just a flare. anyone out there that had an 'adverse reaction to Bromelain? This is my worst flare up on months. Also I would like to point out that I have had Flare ups from other various herbs and immune modulators in the past. I will stop the Bromelain tommorrow and see how it goes. Funny how I am even sensitive too herbs and supplements. I also take B-12, A multi vit, and flax oil and xanax to sleep. Any information would be appreciatied! Thanks all!! be well....ww68
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have only taken if a few times but I was wondering too, I do have really nice successful bowel habits from it tho. That is such a nice thing when the opposite is always the norm. Does the bromelain cause the herxing??? I would not think so, someone will come along with the info.

Jaci
  3. WW68

WW68 New Member

Hey all.....what is herexing that you are talking about in your posts(I am taking it as meaning.adverse reaction?) thanks...WW68 :)