Can certain foods 'dry the body out'? Read on please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 16, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I've cut out milk recently (even chocolate and cheese...boy, that hurts!) and have been eating fruit, veg, chicken, fish, wholemeal bread and grains etc and drinking loads of water!

I have added supplements like green food ( a month or so back) and have it once daily...together with Grapeseed Extract. More recently, I'd say in the last two weeks, I've added in magnesium and calcium, antioxidants and a multi vit. I added and have been taking flaxseed oil mainly to help my raw rosacea skin and eyes. I drink lots of water and green tea.

Anyway, I was doing OK and then I had a glass of wine or two (red) and a bar of raw chocolate (pukey! no milk...just raw cocoa beans ...wouldn't buy again!)on Saturday and had some red meat, and on Sunday had a curry. My bf couldn't locate the usual one and though this was supposed to be the same 'kind' of curry, it was, to my palate a lot hotter...I struggled but ate it.

I woke up on Monday with a tremendous headache and stomach ache. I have now since Monday had burning in my tummy (in the mid region between below my breasts and my bellybutton) and my skin has gone super red (more so than usual), blotchy and dry, dry, dry!

I feel super dehydrated despite increasing my water intake which is high anyway.

I posted yesterday asking about digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid supplements as I am wondering whether I don't produce enough stomach acid and this is why I'm suffering...I was eating a fairly acidic diet as I described on the weekend. I was told once by a nurse I had too much acid (a camera down the throat thingie) but now I've since read that the body can be low on stomach acid and then create a huge wave of acid in compensation..

I am wondering if I have too little acid or whether certain food can 'dry' the body out and cause this? I am wondering if gluten shoud be the next to get the heave-ho!

Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks! Shell
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It sounds like you are irritating your stomach and digestive system. You may also have food allergies.

There are things that can dehydrate you, namely coffee, alcohol and high sodium foods. Also just the environment, if it is windy, hot, etc.

Also, you can drink "too much" water. I don't know what you mean by you are drinking loads of water, but there can be too much of a good thing. I believe in the body's ability to heal itself if you give it a chance.

You might want to see allergist to see if you react to certain foods. Allergies can cause all sorts of problems.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2008]
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

incorporate the digestive enzymes! Thanks! Shell