Can CFS/FMS cause hearing loss?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetT, Jul 25, 2006.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

It seems as if I'm suffering from hearing loss. Not that I cannot hear at all, but I have to strain sometimes. I also think that I've developed that central processing disorder----the one where you cannot concentrate on learning/work if there are surrounding noises.

Anyone else?
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

written by Jodie Bassett and posted here by Karinaxx

“Hearing loss - sound can be muffled or indistinct or sound strangely flat, there can be a loss of tone perception”

You may find other syptoms related to hearing etc in that article.

TC Tansy
  3. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Not with me, nope. 58-year-old-me has incredibly sharp hearing...so much so that I wish I could turn down the volume on most of the world! Can't find the turn-button, lol.
    Just another example of the Everybody's Different rule.
    I do have a CFS-buddy who has lost a lot of her hearing but geez, she's 68. She says her little nearly invisible hearing aid helps a lot. Sorry, I've forgotten what name it's sold under.
    Lea.
  4. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

Yes it did with me, I suffered this problem for about 5 months, then as suddenly as it had started it stopped. Every sound became indistinct and muffled, I had to really watch people talking to me so I could try and work out what they were saying.

Sue