CAN EXERCISE INTOLERANCE BE DUE TO STRESS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by an1000, Sep 14, 2007.

ProHealth CBD Store
  1. an1000

an1000 New Member

I HAVE STRUGGLED (LIKE MANY CFS PATIENTS) FOR YEARS DOUBTING, OR SIMPLY TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I, IN FACT, HAVE CFS, AND MY RELENTLESS FATIGUE IS NOT DUE TO CHRONIC STRESS, OR ANXIETY. I KEEP COMING BACK TO THE SAME QUESTION...HOW CAN CHRONIC STRESS AND/OR ANXIETY CAUSE EXERCISE INTOLERANCE, MY PRIMARY SYMPTOM? EXERCISE SHOULD BE THE BEST TREATMENT AGAINST STRESS AND ANXIETY. EXERCISE SHOULDN'T MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE?! HOW COULD IT BE ANYTHING BUT CFS? AM I RIGHT ABOUT THIS?
    P.S. AND OF COURSE, ALL FULL MEDICAL EXAMS HAVE SHOWN NO IDENTIFIABLE HEALTH PROBLEMS.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The reason you can't exercise is because you are too depleted in the body chemicals responsible for making energy in the form of ATP. That and the fact that the hypothalamus and pituitary are unable to summon up an adequate dynamic hormone response. You need extra hormones whenever you exert yourself the least little bit. So it's all chemicals. And the doctors don't test for these because there are no drugs to substitute for them. You can buy many of them as supplements like ribose, coq10, amino acids and bioactive forms of B vitamins, to name a few. But the docs can't help with stuff like this, they can only sell drugs. If your health problem is not something they can sell you a drug for, then it will be unidentifiable to them.

Look up the Krebs cycle - this is how energy is made in the body. We are all just a bunch of chemical factories who have stopped producing mostly due to nutrient depletion caused by extra stress from infections. Also look up hypothalamus and dynamic hormone response. If all the gas and oil is gone from the car, the engine won't run no matter how much you force it and "positive think" it. In fact, you will damage it further.

best wishes,

karen
  3. hi all,

im making it my goal to keep telling people on this board that exercise intolerance is due to body muscle stress,and not mental in our head stress.

please believe me.

im in the more advanced stages of M.E-chronic fatigue syndrome.ive been to hell and back.not cured,just getting by.

ive done all the excersize thats out there for us,ive eliminated foods from my diet that my body wasnt happy with,hence fewer boughts of irritable bowel syndrome.

im drinking cranberry juice ,a glass full first thing in the morning,last thing at night,to give me a energy burst,and its stopped that trembling fatigue thing that happened to me.

but now that i dont get the warning of fatigue coming,(now i dont get the trembles),my legs just cave in when ive over done the excersize thing,or walked just a bit too far that my body cant cope.it just switches off,and theres not a thing to stop it.

i get no warning,so my legs just give way and are useless.

this is due to body muscle stress,the muscles just cant cope.they are beyond tired,they just stop letting you use them.so pace yourself,thats a order from a fellow sufferer.

no way is it mental stress,believe me.

kind regards

fran
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

You have posted my thoughts exactly...Thanks, I so doubt my Dx so often..

What worries me is without exercise what is it doing to our bodies..My daily chores and errands, when able, is all I am able to do..

What do you take for your stress and anxity? I take xanax which just takes the edge off...

The past weeks haven't been able to do anything due to bronchiits and a crash..Oh, how bad I feel...

God Bless,
    greatgran
  5. an1000

an1000 New Member

...BUT I WOULDN'T SAY THEY DO MUCH. THEY JUST TAKE THE EDGE OFF. AND I STAY ON THEM MOSTLY B/C I AM HOOKED ON THEM...
  6. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

7. hi all,

i take amitripyline 50 mg,red tablet at 7pm,on a empty stomach at night.it works quicker on the empty stomach,and so i feel sleepy at about 8.30pm,and go to bed at 9pm-9.30pm every night,no fail.

im using a mp3 player with natural nature sounds,for the times that i wake up,after only being asleep for 2 hours.i make myself go back to sleep,as im not putting up with the night time sleep dis -ruption,that this illness causes me.

ive always liked to laugh,i love watching comedy on tv,or on my dvd,s

this past two weeks,ive had a particular bad flare up of the fibromyalgia,and felt defeated.

but over here in the uk,a miracle happened on my tv.

my most favourite comedy couple,have appeared on tv,looking back over their twenty years of comedy sketches,and added some new stuff.

they are dawn french and jenifer saunders,,,known as french and saunders.

dawn french has bouts of depression,bless her.but here she was with jen,making me laugh sssooo much,that my sides ached,not with the fibro,but with sheer laughter, and made me feel very very good.

so im sooo grateful to my favourite comedy couple french and saunders...and not forgetting johanna lumley,she,s a serious actress,who started doing comedy in absolutely fabulous.ive bought all of the dvd,s,and they work every time,at cheering me up.so i cope with my conditions.and ill always remain grateful to them.

so...more comedy on tv please bbc....your nation needs it.

kind regards

fran
ProHealth CBD Store