Can Fibro and Chronic pain syndrome pain mimick heart attack symp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monz_ash, Aug 13, 2003.

1. monz_ash

monz_ash New Member

Could anyone please tell me if Fibro's and Chronic fatigue syndrome's pain can mimick a heart attack.I have been having left arm pain since 7 months now and have had all test to rule out the heart and finally went to a Doc who diagnosed me with myofascial pain syndrome,And sometimes my neck and left arm hurt like hell.I feel so blue.
    Please let me know for sure.Thanks.
  2. iggie

iggie New Member

Monz, i was getting the chest pain so bad when i walk or get excited that i told my Dr. that I will never know if I am having a heart attack his response was u might be right. He has told me for yrs. is was muscular from my injury. I have had yrs of this on and off but recently the pain has been worse and every time i would go for my dr. appt i would complain about it so finally sent me for stress test to ease my mind . Dr. doing the stress test was great and assured me the pain i was experience was just muscular but on the onset I would panic making it worse. So now I know what it is and I don't panic I do breathing excersises as I walk and it helps alot.

Hope this help.

Iggie

3. mp18

mp18 New Member

I just spent overnight in the hospital recently for the second time within the past 2 years for chest pain and left arm pain and also numbness in legs and arms. I know it can be very scary. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack both times but the last one was the worst. My doc
    did a stress test again, just like the first time and assurred me my heart was very good. She said that it was a
    panic attack and that these symtoms can be exactly the same as someone who is having a heart attack. I hope this info will help ease your mind some about the pain. But I still was scared enough the second time it happened to go to the ER just to be on the safe side and to ease my own mind.

hang in there,
    mp18

[ advertisement ]