Can fibro. turn to Lupus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshineno2, Feb 23, 2003.

1. sunshineno2

sunshineno2 New Member

I have a friend that has fibro.(and so do I)She says that fibro almost always turns to lupus. Need input-anyone know anything about this?
    sunshineno2
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I never heard that either. I have heard the symptoms of Fibro can sometimes mimic the symptoms of Lupus. I am not sure if you can have both too at the same time.. I guess yes you could.

There are more diseases/disorders that mimic FM.

I have a sister who never had the Fibro symptoms but has been diagnosed recently with Lupus.

3. mellow

mellow New Member

As far as I am aware these are two separate diseases. Lupus is a much more serious disease and I am sure fibro. cannot turn to lupus although both can exist side by side. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibro/cfs but they are both separate. Mellow
  4. momofafibro

momofafibro New Member

Hello All,
    I'm new here. I joined this board last week when my daughter received a dx of fibro.
    I have never heard that fibro turns into lupus. I have heard that chronic fatigue syndrome MAY turn into lupus. Or maybe cfs is the earliest sign of lupus. I have always been told that fibro and lupus are "sister" diseases, as alot of the time they coincide along with each other in the same person. I have lupus but so far I haven't been dx'd with fibro. I do think that I have fibro the doctors just haven't found it yet. My daughter is only 11 years old and she was just dx'd with fibro, but she is showing some signs of lupus also. I believe by time she is grown she will probably have both.
    I hope that I haven't offended any one here. These are just my thought on the subject.

Becca
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

FM and Sjoegren's Disease which is a form of lupus. This post is scaring me. I had never heard of CFS becoming lupus before!
    Pepper
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many with Lupus or MS also have FMS. People with stealth pathogens in their bodies are probably at risk for developing an autoimmune response when the immune system detects the pathogen. These pathogens carry our DNA along with them and the immune system can mistake our DNA as a foreign substance when it recognizes the pathogen. This is why it is so important to get rid of chronic stealth infections in our bodies.

Love, Mikie