Can FM be onesided?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Jul 8, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I definately have trigger points on both sides of my body and they hurt when pressed. Yet, most of my aches and pain seem to all be on the left side. Is it possible that FM can choose a side to host the most pain?

Just curious if anyone else finds that they have more pain on one side than the other?

Please post if you have this and which side.

Tania
  2. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Well it may only hurt on one side for now, just give it time it will find a way of getting you all over.
  3. wendye

wendye Member

my pain is also on the left side. Mostly in the upper part of my body. The chest area and ribs are real bad.
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Myofascial pain syndrome MPS presents with trigger points, fibromyalgia presents with tender points and a generalized yucky flu/fatigue affecting everything.

MPS by its nature may present predominantly on one side.

There is an overlapping of these syndromes, then even if the patient only presents with MPS some/many physicians are still calling it fibro.

MPS is more manageable with proper treatment.

If you have trigger points (which can radiate pain) that is indication of MPS, if you have tender points, that is an indication of fibro. Then like many of us, you can have both.

Fondly, June

5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

for more posts--
  6. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

YEP...mine is mostly on the left side. My face, neck, shoulder all the way down to my left foot! I do have pain on the right side, however, the left is definately worse.

At first my doc did not want to diagnose me with FM since most of my pain was on the left side. He was convinced that FM affects both sides equally. He finally researched and learned that he was WRONG.

I am leaving for MI tomorrow. Everyone stay healthy and pace yourself!

Dawn