Can Ginkgo Bilboa backfire?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I read in Dr. Cheney's "From Fatigue to Fantastic" that gingko could help with the energy issue, and also help with the side effects of SSRI's. I've only taken it 2 days, but I'm so very tired. Since I'm tired anyway, hence the ginkgo, I can't handle more. I'm grateful I've had the last few days off, but I have to return to work tomorrow, and at this rate I won't make it. Or, could it just be a coincidental flair? I have CFS/FM. The day to day pain, I can handle, don't like it but can deal with it. I am learning to cut back on activity, don't like it but can deal with it. But, the endless fatigue is getting me down. And, now I'm afraid to try the remedy. Any thoughts appreciated.
    Lendi
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

you did say "any thoughts appreciated."

I've never taken ginkgo, so don't know specifically. Maybe try a reduced dose? Maybe wait 'til next weekend to try? I'm sure someone will have a better answer, but in the meantime....
  3. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Yes, thoughts apprecited. Maybe a lower dose would work. I think I might just try another time. Probably just a coincidence, but it gets so frustrating.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It give me the gitters and a pounding headache.

Love, Mikie
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

gave me pounding headaches too. Ginseng is regularly presribed by a local herbalist, who claims to cure ME/CFS (but hasn't yet cured anyone) and most had real problems with that too.

I'm sure these remedies help some but the jitters and/or fatigue to seem a fairly common reaction to them.

Good luck with work tomorrow

Cheers

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 07/06/2003]
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

If I drink one "Mad River" carrot orange drink in the bottle, only place I have found to get it is the little gas station/quicky mart right across the parking lot from Madwolf's office, I can drink one and have an incredibly clear head, no pain. My mind seems to be in perfect harmony, strange feeling, long time since I felt so able to think clearly.

Jaci