Can God Forgive Me?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kgangel, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I know this is an unusual request but I am dealing with a difficult time for myself and my family right now that I would like to tell you about.

I felt I could come here with a problem I have today that is very hard on my heart and making me feel very bad.

We have adopted a Grey Hound. He is a beautiful fellow. Red fawn is his color just like a beautiful graceful deer. He had 4 years of no life but living in a cage and racing when they needed him to race. No love and no compassion from anyone.

We took him into our house hoping that we could make his life even just a little bit better. I am the kind of person, my husband too, that wants to help we love to help people and we really wanted this to work.

He has not been in the crate other then to eat or if we have to go out. and I think he has enjoyed his freedom. As he got more and more used to us he started getting sort of hyper with out a better word to use. He was by no means the couch potatoe we were told Grey Hounds were. He is always running through the house and chasing after a much smaller dog we have and hurts her when he pounces on her. He does not mean this, but never the less, her personality has changed since he has been here and she is not the same.

She is getting a little better lately but she is afraid. He also has seizures. He has had them every 2 weeks, then when we had him on medicine he had another big one in a 3 week period, where he stood up , then colapsed and fell to the floor injurying a leg on the way down. WE have just been beside ourselves when this happens, it is very scarey. He also walks around the house in a trance almost, bumping into walls very sluggish for about 1 hour after each episode.

WE have recently taken him to the vet and he is on stronger medicine. He did not seem to be bothered by it , he was still very active during the day, but it did seem as though he was much more tired at night now.

Last night, my son 16 yrs old, went by him and patted him on the back to say good nite to him, a usual thing he does. Our dog jumped up out of his sleep and lunged at him and went for his face when my son put his arm out and the dog bite his arm. and started growling and trying to attack him more. My husband had to get him away from my son.

I suppose this could be the medicine and a deep sleep, but we just can't have this happening. Someone else could come and visit with kids or something and I don't know what we would do if he bit someone else.

Do you think I will be forgiven for asking them to take him back and try to find a family that is better suited to care for him? We have had him for a little over 2 mos now. I ask that you would pray for me so that my husband and I do not feel so bad that this happened

Thank you so much

kristin/kgangel
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi Kgangel. I am quickly writing on my lunch time. I am the biggest animal lover on the planet I think. My cat is my baby for sure. However, when it comes to who you have to think of first, the well being of your family has to come first.

I think you know what you have to do. I doubt if there is anyone out there who cares about their family that would keep a dog under those circumstances. You had good intentions taking the dog to begin with.

Obviously this dog has some serious health issues which could end up costing you a fortune in the long run. The dog is not to be trusted unfortunately. You need to get the dog our of your house and pray that someone will be able to deal with it and give it a good life.

I will pray that that will happen. I know you are going to feel some remorse about the whole thing. That is natural. I am going to pray that you don't beat yourself up about this. You are doing the right thing by taking the dog back.

I am so sorry this had to happen. You take care now and rest assured you are doing what is right for your family and that HAS to be the top priority here.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hey, i read your post. I know you must be feeling really bad about this. But your family safety must come first over anything else. Please give the dog back, this is alot of stress you are dealing with.

There are also many other dogs, out there with the need for a very good home, who will have a safer temperment. We grow up in a world that teaches we are failures to give up on something, but i have learned that sometimes we have to let things go.

Pray about it ask God, see what answer gives you the most peace. I don't know how old your son is, but if he's under 18, there is no way i would want to take that risk again.
    And your little dog, that i know you love needs to be secure in her own home.

Let us know what happens Kristin, and be at peace.

God Bless your home,
    Misty
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Nancy, Misty and Sage,

I can't thank you enough for your kind words. Tonight was very tough on me. We had to take him back and I am very sad. I am going to miss him.

You are right though, just because he may not have worked out for us, he can still be happy with someone else and that will be my pray

I am going to try to go to sleep now. Things are really going to be different and empty for awhile

God bless you all you are true friends

hugs

kgangel
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I don't think that you need forgiveness for this either. I am a big animal lover too and applaud you for taking this dog in. You tried to do a wonderful thing for one of God's creatures but he is a threat to your family. You can't allow that!

I will pray for you and your husband, that you feel no guilt in making this decision.

Perhaps someone out there could handle this dog but having him around your family or possibly little children is not a risk worth taking. Not to mention your other poor little dog who is obviously feeling threatened as well.

Love, Pepper
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Thank you so much Pepper and sage,

I am doing some better today, it will be slow I think, but I will get there

God Bless you and thank you so much for helping me to heal

hugs

kgangel
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Blue

I agree with you , I did tell them all we went through with the dog. I think for the most part it was being on a combination of meds to keep seizures down. He was a little more hyper then a typical Grey Hound before the meds, but he never bit anyone or was as agressive, until he had to be on medicines.

He was a little too agressive out of not knowing how to play with little dogs, that he would jump on our little one with both paws and hurt her in doing so. I made sure I let them know that too. He stopped when she cried, but would still do it again once they got playing again. My little one stopped being herself around him and we had to keep them seperated during the day.

Thank you for writing

Hugs
    kgangel