Can hardly walk for pain etc.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Oct 10, 2005.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

i was sat on the loo about 3 hours ago and went to get up when i got the most almighty pain my my left thigh and back.
    I managed to hobble to my chair where i sat for and hour and could'nt move.
    I also have severe aching and nerve pains spread all over my whole back down my legs that i can now barely stand.
    I have overdone things of late but have never experienced this for over 3 years when this happened very suddenly to the top half of my back and neck.
    Thing is it took me almost a year to get over that flare.
    Sorry to moan but just needed to vent a bit.
    Not having a good day and feeling sorry for myself.
    This is not like me at all.
    This flipping Fm rearly is the pits right now.
    Juliex
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

We have at tendency to blame everything on our FM, but what you're describing to me sounds like it could be generating from your spine.

Maybe time to call your doc and have an MRI done to make sure there aren't any discs bulging or pressing on any nerves.

I have a degenerating spine, and have episodes just like what you are describing! Take care!! In the meantime, use some ice on your back, take warm baths and anti-inflammatories, if your stomach will allow it. But biggest thing: call your doc, ok?? PG
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

(((Julie)))

Hope you are managing a good long rest now.
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

I agree with pepper. I have spine-related problems, too, and what you described sounds like nerve pain stimulating from, I don't know...sciatic, ruptured disks?

It does not sound like FM at all.

You really should contact your doctor. What you are describing could be serious if left untreated.

(((hugs)))

Kim