Can Hubby give me a Tender Point exam at home...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RhainyC, Aug 29, 2003.

1. RhainyC

RhainyC New Member

So I have an idea what to expect when I go to the Rheumy?

I realize it won't be as proper as a medical doctor's exam, but I would *think* it might be beneficial to me as a patient to be prepared.

Any Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks In Advance.

Blessings,
    RhainyC
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

had to smile when I saw your post....yes!! your hubby can give you a tender point test at home. Mine did and it was very benefical and turned out to be a very fun evening. Get creative with this and have some fun while trying to figure out this DD:)!!
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2003]
  3. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

after a nice bubble bath I gave my hubby the drawing of where they should be and asked him to feel around those areas. He didn't go directly to them like a doctor would but, we both knew when he found them. After he had marked them on the paper for me he felt so bad about making me yell he gave me a nice massage and we had a great evening. :)

Lisa
  4. RhainyC

RhainyC New Member

To you both. I have no idea how to have him do this, although I do have a picture with the locations on it, for him to use.

I need to find an article/directions about how much pressure etc, he needs to apply.

I realize my TrPs are not going to be exactly in the spot the pictures show, read that somewhere, maybe even here. So I have to really explain to him about them.

I am going to have him try on my next day off work...which I _Think_ is Tuesday.

:)

Blessings,
    RhainyC

[ advertisement ]