Can I crash now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jan 31, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Even if you say "no", it's about to happen anyway. My father was in the hospital yesterday and today for a cardiac work up due to chest pain he had yesterday morning. Thankfully, everything turned out okay. However, I spent all day with him yesterday, went to work for 4 hours yesterday evening, and then had to wake up at 5:30 this morning for clinical. We have 10-hour clinical days, so I didn't get home until 4:30pm with my son. Needless to say, I feel like I'm about to fall over dead.

I also have a big test coming up and monday and haven't even started reading for this class. I feel like I'm so behind, but I honestly do not have the energy. I don't know what to do, because on a day like today when I've had a long day at clinical, the last thing I want to do is read. I just want to put JJ to bed, lay on the couch, and fall asleep. Any suggestions on how to get myself motivated?

I'm still struggling with the swollen glands, although they are not painful right now (knock on wood). My throat is also sore off and on...not sick sore, but CFS-sore. Although, either sore throat is just as bad. I haven't had a fever since thursday, although I've been feeling feverish. But I take my temp and it's only in the 96 to 97 range. My temperature has dropped recently, which is kind of odd.

That's about it. Let me go and see if I can get some reading done.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. JonAnne

JonAnne New Member

Kim,
    Trust your body- if you can sleep a bit and then read, do that- if not, just SLEEP. You may get a few more days out of a good night's sleep. I am praying for you- you are not alone. Anne
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Thyroid levels were OK, but I found Cadmium (a toxic metal) by doing a Hair analysis. Cadmium interferes with the T4->T3 conversion.

The Hypothalamus is the true thermostat of the body and its part of the brain.

The swollen glands are likely lymph nodes. Armpits, under the chin and in the chest cavity. They swell up when the body gets overwhelmed with an active infection. They hang unto it until the body can catch up.

Take a hot shower, hot foot bath. Stay warm and bundled up. Sleep and drink little coffee. Drink lots of chamomile tea to relax.