Can I get food stamps if I am on SSI or SSDI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Honora88, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hi Everyone,

I live in MA and it's been a confusing day. I went in thinking
    transitional living was SSI. I did get food stamps. They want me to apply for SSI while I am waiting for SSDI.

Can I get food stamps while on these programs?

Been waiting for SSDI for two years!

2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I don't have the answer,but you could ask your case worker.Or maybe they could direct you to someone who knows.I live with bf. For being on SSD thy asked if we ate together,I said of course.And that we split the cost of food.Wrong answer.Even if I didn't buy the food,they said as long as we prepare it together and eat together I would'nt qualify.That's messed up in my opinion! Bf's income is alot higher than mine and that makes a difference also. Robin
  3. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

be able to get food stamps as long as u are making lil enough money I live in mass too not sure what the amount is I just know I make too much money for any help I am just above the amount and it sux-Kim
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

There are resource guidelines. If you have more than two or three thousand dollars in the bank, they won't let you have them at all, no matter what your income. If you hardly have anything in the bank and the low income, then you can get them.