Can I have a hug??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Jan 7, 2003.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I am so bummed today.

I feel like ....!!! I just can't take it anymore. Everyone in my house has had the flu and now I'm sick too. The not-so-funny thing is the total body pain from being sick is the same as the FM only exacerbated. Will this nightmare ever end? I'm so tired of it all.

I want to run and play with my kids, clean my house and cook dinner,run my business, be normal. All I can do is sit here and cry today. One day up, the next day down....I hate it.

I feel bad for my husband, he always has to pick up the slack...(when I am feeling good, I do get in and do my share) lately he's been saying..."but your always sick"

My mom says, "gosh I sure hope he doesn't leave you because your sick all the time" Arrrgghh..... I hate her negatism.
    I know my husaband loves me, but I'm sure he is sick of this too.

I'm tired of thinking I've got it all figured out, than "Bam" here it goes again. This is the only place to come and **cry** where others DO understand.

Anyone have a "magic-Wand"?? I Sure could use one!!
    Thanks for the **tissue!** sniff, sniff

Susan B.

2. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

My daughter has been sick since Nov. First it was a virus, then it turned into a sinus infection and then pneumonia. The little girl I take care of had croup and isn't well yet. I had bronchitis and my husband was also sick. I wish we both had a magic wand. I also wish I had the energy to lysol my whole house. All I can send you is a gentle hug and and put you in my prayers. Hope everyone is well soon!

Sheryl
    [This Message was Edited on 01/07/2003]
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

W/Prayers Too..............1maqy[This Message was Edited on 01/07/2003]
  4. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Two sets of "BIG Hugs" in 60 seconds...
    I love you guys!!!

Thank You!

Susan Beaudette
  5. Eilie

Eilie New Member

I sure do have lots of hugs and empathy. I'm a widow with grown children who has been diagnosed with fibro only in the last couple years so I never had to deal with children and hubby while sick. I can't imagine being in your shoes (and those of others in your position). It's bad enough trying to manage and deal with the guilt and anger I feel about not being able to do everything I used to do without having to cope with children and hubby issues and egos on top of it.

Were I in your situation, I could just hear my husband and mother saying the same kinds of things you have to put up with. If it's any help, those kind of responses are usually generated when people are feeling helpless to know what to do in the face of your pain and suffering. I was a chaplain-intern a number of years ago and, for the first time, had to acknowledge how powerless I felt in the face of the pain, suffering and mortality I encountered every day. Our natural inclination is to want to jump in and help or give advice. But when the issue is illness about which you can do nothing other than listen, many of us fall back on statements like the ones you're hearing. We're all human; we all respond differently; we all (well, most of us) want to help; and none of us likes feeling powerless and helpless.

I hope it might help just an eensy little bit to understand why you may be hearing the kinds of comments you're getting. Of course, I could be wrong too.

Right or wrong doesn't matter. What matters is that you're in emotional and physical pain. I can't take it away but I can let you know that feel deeply for your pain.

Sending lots and lots of nice gentle }}}}}}}}hugs{{{{{{{{{{ your way.

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}hugs{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}hugs{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
  6. karen55

karen55 New Member

here are hugs from me too.............
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{H U G S}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I hope you're all feeling better real soon! Try and cheer up, take this one day at a time, and remember, when you're down, the only place to go is........UP!

Karen
  7. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thank you so much. It seems all I can do is sit and stare at the computer. Feel to guilty to lay down, yet still not getting anything done anyway, LOL...

Wishing somthing magical would just come and make it all better...I don't have the strength today. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for the "Love" I needed it!
    (My Tank's a bit low) Sure is nice to have freinds who understand, to feel validated, that's so important to me!

Susan
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I had a bad time last week, chest wall pain. Brought it on myself, I felt good so I jumped at all the things that 'need doing' around here, and landed in the bed with the chest hurting like crazy. Could not find a position that was comfortable no matter what I did.

I raised my grown children and a grandchild like this, so I can relate to how you feel. My husband didn't believe me for a long time, but after 20 years of this, he is the most supportive as can be now.

Funny thing about me, I did not feel guilty! Maybe too much of a rebel to feel it was MY FAULT!

Now the children are gone, and its just him and I and my furry babies (5 dogs), he understands now, as much as anyone who is not in this kind of pain can understand!

Right now he has been home for over two months 24/7! You know what? I think he is driving me nuts!!!! I need him to go back to his ship and give me a space break! I actually had an anxiety attack today that lasted for close to eight hours, he is not doing me anything, but need some space BAD!

He has been staying out of my line of fire right now, he cleaned my car, got me a new battery for it, and spent the better part of the day outdoors. I can get vicious when I feel like this.

I have a mother in law that they wrote the song for; 'Mother-in-Law' worst person I know, by Ernie Kato! geee I am so glad I don't need to deal with her, especially in this mood I am in right now. I could bit the head off of a snake I am in such a horrific mood!

Your husband won't leave you, mine has been around now for over thirty years, and I have had this for 20 years plus!

You are nicer than I , I get mad and mean when I can't function like I want to.

You sound like a sweetie, so I am sending you a whole basket tied with a beautiful ribbon full of big HUGS! Hope this makes you feel a little better.

I hope you get well very soon. Just take the time to rest, and pamper yourself and forget all that you want to do, and just take care of you right now. You deserve a super hot bubbly bath and a nice quiet warm bed to relax in, and give yourself a big smile for just being YOU. You sound like a sweet lady.

God bless, and I am sending a prayer up for you right now, God is the only one I am getting along with these days, at least I know He understands!!!

Shalom, Shirl
  9. Vicque

Vicque New Member

Hey Susan....A big hug and cry with you too. Not having a good day myself. I won't go into details, but believe you me, this is just one of those days I want to crawl up in a hole and dissapear. Just know that regardless of how far apart we are I am there with you. Wish I had some arms to hold me today too. Feel totally alone with this DD. I keep pushing myself on the book, just because of the way you and all of us have days like this. LOTS OF LOVE......VICQUE
  10. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I can relate. I have been on the roller coaster of this disease for years. the last few months have been the big loop-de-loo's!

I hate when someone says that you are always sick. My husband has been gone for months working out of town and also we took a little separation time to cool out for a while. His remark to me today is well, I am back and you are sick all the time again--like it is his fault I am sick, or that it magically changed somehow since he has been back. I explained to him that until he came home or should I say about a week or so before he came home i was literally in the bed more than I was anywhere else for 2 months.

I get frustrated and down too--Had my cry today because of my bronchitis that will not go away and tired of being ill now for 6 weeks on top of the fibro.

hang in there and I do send a big hug

cathy
  11. LEWIS582

LEWIS582 New Member

THERE ARE GOING TO BE DAYS LIKE THIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN DO, DON'T TRY TO PUSH YOUR SELF, BECAUSE YOU WILL ONLY MAKE YOURSELF MORE TRIED. AND WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE THE WORLD IS CAVING IN ON YOU- ALLOW YOUR SELF TIME TO CRY AND THE LAUGH AND SAY- * ALTHOUGH I AM HAVING A BAD DAY, THERE ARE PEOPLE WILLING AND ABLE TO LISTEN ,PRAY AND CONTINUE TO ASK GOD TO RELIEVED YOU.
    WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS STRESS- I SHARED WITH HIM THE HOPES AND DREAMS I HAVE AND WE TALK, MY MARRIAGE ENDED, NOT BECAUSE MY HUSBAND DIDN'T LOVE ME, BECAUSE HE LOVED ME TO MUCH. I FELT LIKE A BURDEN TO HIM AND I RAN HIM OFF.
    THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO AND NOW WE TALK BETTER, HE UNDERSTANDS ME, BECAUSE I OPENED UP AND TOLD HIM HOW I REALLY WAS FEELING.AND WE READ FMS MATERIAL TOGETHER, SO HE CAN BE ME AND IMAGE, HOW I AM FEELING.

NOW, MY BOYFRIEND(EX-) WHEN I AM HAVING A BAD DAY- I WRITE HIM A LOVE LETTER TELLING HIM HOW I FEEL AND THAT TODAY, I NEED TO SLEEP TO DREAM ABOUT HIM.
    GOOD DAYS- I MAP OUT DAILY THE THINGS I NEED TO DO OR SHOULD DO. FOR EX MONDAY'S I WASH, IF I AM FEELING POORLY, I WASH WHENEVER.
    LEWIS582 GOD BLESS YOU AND IT WILL GET BETTER, TREAT THE SLEEP.
  12. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thank you all SO much to take all that time to respond. I just can't believe all the love and understanding found here...it's just incredible. NOBODY understands all this, like all of you!

I feel so (((((LOVED))))) now!!!

Thanks again...with all my heart
    (mushy I know, but what the heck!

BTW: Shirl....No one has called me sweet Susan since I was a little girl (my favorite granmother used to sing that to me, What perfect timing!) Thank you to everyone for all the hugs...and the big basket with the big red bow on it with all the hugs inside!! I feel better now **smile**

Susan B.