Can I join in?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TinaJones, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Hi all, I'm an "old" member that found GREAT support here when I first got ill... Life events took me through a move to CO and back (my heart/lungs and health issues couldn't handle the altitude)...anyway, I found my way here and I am hoping to join in again.

I've updated my profile, which shows my health journey...

After being ill for so long now, I find my self entering into a new phase of chronic illness. The first couple of years were so focused on figuring out what I had, and how to treat it. Now that all that stuff is pretty much figured out, it is now just trying to "live" again, but in a whole new body, whole new life, everything. Does this make sense?

My biggest challenges used to be what were the right meds, or finding the right docs, or that type of thing. Now, my biggest challenge seems to be trying to accept the isolation that follows a long-term, chronic illness. Most of my "real-life" support network has quietly moved on; relationships have changed....and I just can't give to a friendship/relationship like I used to. In fact, just making it through each day while coping w/ an illness and having lots of kids is ALL I can do. But does that mean that I'm bound to a life of isolation? I'm beginning to feel that way :(

Thanks for listening to me vent. I hope some of this made sense.... and that maybe someone here understands. Thanks again. --Tina
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

just a different name! i too feel the same way.after 10 years of just trying to find out what the heck it was,then i went into the trying to heal it" mode. and after almost 10 years of that,i'm exhausted! just tired! and also a lot sad, for what i have lost, and the opportunities i had to pass on.
    But glad you have found the board again! if i couldnt come here on a daily basis & vent or look for a miracle, i'd go nuts.and it also makes you feel not so ALONE, i can definately relate to that too, this is a lonely disease. i can imagine it's kinda like having aids really, People were shunned for so long,although it's not so bad now i dont healthy friends just dont get it, i just have to think they still love & care about me. But life just goes on........... Keep in touch Tina, theres lots of us here :) {{Hugs}} Kat
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I can totally understand what you mean about feeling isolated. I don't have kids or a husband. I do still have some friends, but I don't see them often at all, bc I am just not up for it. I am blessed that some of them do seem to understand, but being alone so much of the time gets old.