Can I please request some prayers!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by tandy, Oct 11, 2002.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi there all,I'm mostly from the FM board-but have come over to ask that any and all pray for a local girl(34 yrs old)a single mom of a 5 yr old girl named Mia.
    A friend of mine thru my sons school has this sister kristina......(the 34 yr old) she's had a reacurrence of intestinal cancer.
    Last week I was told that she had undergone one surgery and started rounds of chemo and radiation~I guess due to her needing another sugery within days...her belly was left open(with a mesh screen covering??)so they would have the easier access?Well it seems she developed pnuemonia so the surgery must be put off for now.Well she went into cardiac arrest this afternoon and is now on life support.
    Please if you have a moment to pray for her~(she's not a relative....just a friend in need)I can't help in any other way.All my thoughts are with this poor woman and her family.I'm in real tears as I ask you this~This is soooooo very sad~
    Thanks all
    Love and appreciation-
    Tracey
  2. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Tracey,
    I will be happy to pray for your friend. God is our strength in the time of trouble. We have to keep the faith.

God bless this family,

Arlene
  3. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

i join my prayers with all of yours in Jesus name.
    God Bless her and hers
    kathyre
  4. Kim

Kim New Member

I am in prayer for this family.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I spoke today to kristina's sister and it seems that over the weekend one of her lungs collapsed due to the fluid buildup from the pnuemonia~Her current dr I guess was very how do I say"not full of hope for her".......so a 2nd dr was brought in requested by her Mom.He offered alot more hope and better treatment.kristina started to breathe on her own on sunday eve!!!So thats a big plus!!!She''ll have the 2nd part of her surgery the day after tomorrow.So please keep her in prayer,I myself and her family are much grateful~With hope &faith...All is possible!
    love,
    Tracey
    I wll keep ya'll posted as I hear news.
    Thanks a great deal!
  6. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

Lifting her name up in prayer for the Lord to hold her in His loving embrace.
    In Faith,
    C J
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I have prayed for this young woman and her family. I'm sorry I wasn't here to reply earlier. Thank you for bringing this to the Worship Board.

Love,
    Harmony
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks soooooo very much for the thoughtfulness in taking your time to pray.Last I heard things were looking better for her.I'll ask again on monday to see how she came thru that 2nd surgery.I hope everyone else is doing good today!!Will keep you all posted~(Harmony,do you know this family?upstateNY?)
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  9. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Adding my prayers.
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have prayed, and will continue to do so Tracey for your friend, God bless hon, and may He keep His precious hand on this young lady.

Shalom, Shirl
  11. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

This brought tears to my eyes. I am praying for her recovery.

God Bless you all!
    ~Patty
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi to everyone!!!I'm under the weather today but wanted to fill you's in on kristina.She had that second surgery last friday....all went well.She's doing much better.Still getting help with breathing,and IV antibiotics.She's been awake and speaking a little but is very out of it.
    Her sister who gives me all the info on her condition,said that her dr. thinks she'll be in the hospital for a month or more. I'm so glad that things are looking a bit brighter for her!At one point we thought we'd lose her~I think she's gonna pull thru.(but then she'll have that yukky chemo and radiation~)Lets keep her in our thoughts please.Ya'll are awsome....and I mean that!Thanks for everything!
    love,
    Tracey
  13. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

So glad to hear the good news. I will continue to pray for her quick & complete recovery.

God Bless,

~Patty
  14. Randy58

Randy58 New Member

I am saddened to hear about this young women, Kristina.
    I will say a prayer for her, and her family.
    Life is a wonderful gift. We must take advantage of the time that we have together to share our feelings and thoughts with the one's that we care about, for time is often very short for some of us. Don't waste much time letting people know that you love and appreciate them, for they could be gone tomorrow, and you would have missed your chance.
    Love to all of you. Life would not be so grand if it wasn't for all of us. Be kindhearted and generous with each other.
    There is a website that speaks of a cure for cancer. I personally know nothing of the treatments. But, it might be worth mentioning to Kristina or her family. From what I read it is controversial. Yet, those that speak of it say that it is safe. It is at http://www.1cure4cancer.com Also, I met a man that was cured of colon cancer by doing the chemo therapy and then began drinking fresh carrot juice that he juiced from organic carrots. He drank it about six times a day for at least a month.
    I will pray for her, also. Thank you for caring about her! The world needs more people like you!
    Randy
  15. blessings

blessings New Member

I join with all who are praying for Kristina. I pray that she will be strengthened and healing will come to her. I pray for her to get through the treatments that are ahead with no complications and that she be restored to health, and be united with her little one who needs her mommy so much. I pray God will be with all the family, watch over them and encourage them with His presence. In the Mighty Name of Jesus, Amen
    blessings