Can I sell barely used CPAP machine?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claudiaw, Oct 11, 2007.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I hardly used mine. I want to get rid of it. it's mine, so I can't return it.

Can I sell it on E-bay, is it legal? I need money BADLY.

I've never sold anything there, but I do shop there when I find a bargin.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I'm certainly no expert, but it seems like an item bio-medicine would need to check and clean. I don't know how the other people would need to get their masks, tubings, etc. Can you call the company you bought it from and see what the health regulations are?

Wish I could be of better help.

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We sold my DH's with a newspaper ad. It didn't have very many hours on it and we asked the company we bought it through if they did any resale on the used ones. They said no, but said to have the buyer bring it in and they would set it for them per their doctor's instructions.

The ad only made it one day and we had three people who wanted it. The one who bought it drove 60 miles to get it. Of course we sold it pretty cheap, $150, so he didn't mind the drive.

4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

you know what to charge? I need the most I can get.

We have a local paper here I can try to sell it in. I justb wasn't sure if it was legal. I figure I bought it (through my ins.) I just don't know how to find out what it' worth.

I'm trying to sell a car engine and transmission in the same paper w/o a phone call yet. But I might try that.

I thought someone w/o health ins. might want it. Just not sure how they would set it.

thanks for the idea,

5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have plenty extra tubes, masks, etc.

they would just need to get it set for their needs.

6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We got his through the insurance, too. He just decided that was the right price. The man who bought it had no insurance and was thrilled with the price.

You might check on ebay and see if there are any out there for sale. That would give you an idea of what you might be able to get for it.

My DH has a tendancy to price things too low!

He was selling alfalfa hay for $4 a bale for a couple of years before I convinced him he should have raised the price to $6! He raised it and still sold all we had within a couple days of placing the ad.

Then he sold our old tack (two saddles, two bridles and one leather halter) for about half what I would have asked. He sold it all for $250, I would have asked $500 and probably would have still sold it to the same man. They man and his wife were thrilled with it, they were going to use it to decorate in their "bunk house"! City people who moved to the country!

You might check and see what the original price was to help set the used price.

7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Boy your husband doesn't have a car for sale does he.:) We need that too.

Could he be a dentist? I need a re-do on a root canal, I have no dental, so I could use a fair price for that as well.:)

he sound's like me.I sell thing's too low. But I really need the money now, so I want the most I can get, but still be fair.

I was not sure if I could find the info, on who we got it from, so many comapines were involved ( people who did the home study were different from the company who sold it, etc.). I did check e-bay, they just had batteries for the machines.

we live in the country, so everyone is cheap out here! most of us have no money I guess! Although more Nashvillians are moving here to get out of the city.

i use to have a horse, goats and a pot bellied pig. I miss them. i would like something that easy to take care of like a burro. you don't have one of them to sell do you.:)

Thanks for all you ideas.I'll see what I can find out.
    Got any tips on getting dog hair off of bedspreads, sofas,etc. ( besides making them stay off:)my max loves to snuggle and w/2 cancer surgeries, I'm tempted to let him sleep again.

I tried lint rollers, Petvac(never used, too much trouble) brushing them daily(can't do that anymore)lint rolling them (they love it)but can't get rid of the fur.

My husband has to vaccum now, I use to almost evryday. he does it once a month! I'm a neat freak, but love my dog's.

You seem to have lots of ideas for me tonight ( which I so appreciate) i ususally get no response, I quit posting for a long time.

thanks for taking the time to try to help. I appreciate it. It's nice to have some help. it's tiring trying to think of thing's alone all the time, or surfing the net. i can't stay on the computer very long. This is actully way more than I can do, but I really appreciate your help and want to respond.

8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

No cars, no burros, and trust me, you don't want him for a dentist. He's a retired carpenter and the drill he has would probably not be good for that root canal!

A few years ago I was making a reservation for one of my managers for a trip to Tennesee (sorry, can't remember the town but it wasn't Nasville). When I called for a hotel reservation at a hotel chain that is usually very expensive they quoted me $45 a night (in Seattle it would have been over a $100). I questioned the low price and the man said, this is Tennesee, ma'm. I got a big kick out of that one!

We live 6 miles out from a small town (less then 10,000) but about 45 miles from a much bigger town so when we put something in the paper we put it in the bigger town's paper and people there have a little more money. Has worked so far, and we don't deliver!

Great tip for getting dog hair off the bedspread, shave the dog! Ok, that might be a little extreme. I've given up. I'm going to get a comforter with slick material, it doesn't stick as bad. Mine sleep on the floor but we still have dog hair on the bed. Well, Rey falls against the end of the bed and slides down which pulls the blankets down towards the floor and he lays on them there. Hard to pull up the covers with 80 lbs of dead weight on them!

Iv'e found that even vacuuming Rey doesn't help! But he loves it. Aster hids from the vacuum so it's not an option with her. I use the vacuum when I brush Rey, helps some, but a golden retriever is gonna leave a lot of hair around the house.

I told my sister a week or so ago that I had to vacuum or bring in the rake! I use a shop vac before I get out the regular vacuum cleaner. (I keep the shop vac in the house because it hooks up to the dust collector for my power carver.) I've tried to get DH to put laminate floors through the whole house but only got him to do about half so I still have to vacuum the living room and bedrooms. Swiffering is much easier and since I have a yellow and a black dog the hair drifts are easy to see!

I quit posting on the FM board for a long time because each time I posted it seemed to kill the post! I would go back to check more responses and mine would be the last one that ever got posted to the thread. I've gotten over it and it was really silly of me to take it personnally, but I did. I'm all better now!

I can't stay on the computer very long either but that's because I'm using it at work! That's why I only respond 8 to 5 Monday through Friday! Good thing I sit back here in my little corner all alone!

9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I liked the hotel story.:)

Yep, if you have dog's, you have fur. My pitbull mix takes one look at the petvac and runs away! he's real tough!

I bought him a toy that bounced and made noises thinking he'd loved this. I brought it home put it on the floor, turned it on. He took one look at the bouncing thing making noises and ran across the room and jumped in the recliner, into my husband's lap.;) By the way, did I mention he's not much of a watchdog.:)

I would love wood and tile floors, but we have no money for that, so it's vaccuming here too. I wish I could do it though, my husband has too. His idea of house cleaning and mine are completely different, it drives me crazy. Just another reason I want to get better.

I thought i'd post here, I've never had so much help before. I like this better.;) t can get a bit lonely over htere at least for me, no one answer's me. I guess I get too specific or something.

Anyway, thanks for your ideas, have a great day!

10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I'm glad you are here! It does get lonely on the other board and we are less likely to have "disagreements" over here!

Oops, my boss just got here. It's almost 10:30, guess he thought it was time to come to work! And he's off at noon on Friday's. Must be nice, huh!

11. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Why don't you do a word search and type in the manufacturer's name, CPAP, and the model number.

See what they sell for new to give you some idea what the value was when you got it.

Have you considered craigslist as another option???