can I smoke a butt with my wellbutrin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NewEnglander, May 23, 2003.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

someone told me you can't? I wicked need a butt. I'm not sounding to classy right now. sorry, but I want to smoke.
    Thanks
    Lisa
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

You can smoke while taking Wellbutrin. The thing is, it's supposed to help you quit. I guess the side effects are going to make it to where you don't want to smoke eventually. It's not going to hurt you to smoke, but hopefully after you're on WB for a while, you'll have less cravings. I couldn't take it cuz it caused me to lose weight. Good luck with it!
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I just started smoking 2 months ago, I quit for about 3 yrs and then started again. but I know I have to stop. (stress) I just smoked, sucked it down to the filter, aahhh.
    God Bless u guys
    Lisa
  4. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

hey n.e., i took wellbutrin and smoked...still do. the well but made me sick so i quit. i wanna quit..that will come in the next couple months? can't imagine quitting now. i'm such a mess, the w/drawals and all my family will shoot me. i'm bad enuf as it is LOL.
    p.s. where in new england....good friend in R.I.
    by the way, ptl :)
    alice
  5. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

just dont scratch it...
    well, at least not in public... :)
    ed
  6. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i meant quit the wellbutrin, not smoking tee hee
  7. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Yes you can smoke, But be sure you'r not on another
    Antideprresant ,, becuse, i was and it got to the point ,i called my Dr in the middle of the nihgt (thinking i was dyeing} hear Wellbutrin ,Is a mild antideppresant , they no longer use , So hear ,i didn't know that , got it from my other dr , so becarefull,
    Good luck
  8. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I think she meant that Wellbutrin is not prescribed as much as it used to be, maybe due to the risk of seizures?. It's used much less than the "fashionable" brands such as Prozac (which personally never did a thing for me!)

I'm on Wellbutrin also to reduce smoking and it has reduced my cravings quite a bit! But not as much as I would like. I must be smoking alot less because my cig supply is lasting me much longer. I guess I've cut my smoking by 40% to 50%, which is good. I just can't quit right now, my life sucks too much!! LOL

9. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I was going to say, depends on whoes it is? but someone beat me to the funny. lol

I thought you might be interested to know that a Memember here was just recently dx with Emphsymia (Sp?) (the big E),
    and she wrote a very good post about smoking, this gal has been trying to quit for a long time, now she Has to, and it still won;t be easy, but I know she can.

Anyway look up a Post by LynneH, you can find it by using the search at the top, or come on over to the Chat Board, not the room.

She's a Sweetheart, and I am so sorry that this too, on top of the other dd's, has hit her. Why do the Good Ones, get it the worst? (that was meant for all of us)

Sincerely
    sharon/kredca4