can I take Famvir

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Apr 22, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

while on the guai protocol as you will know I failed on the guai protocol I am possibly thinking about trying again 2x 300mg was to high for me.

Clertyx
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Clerty

The Famvir will not block your guaifenesin. You do not state the type of guai that you were on. I suggest that you start out again with Mucinex 300mg 2 times a day for seven days and see how you react.

Jude
  3. clerty

clerty New Member

and I could not cope with it someone said i might be a low dose responder however I know that 2x300mg is the recommended dose and i felt ill with raging migrain I lasted a week and so did the migrain.

Certyx
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

and I could not cope with it someone said i might be a low dose responder however I know that 2x300mg is the recommended dose and i felt ill with raging migrain I lasted a week and so did the migrain.

Certyx
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And Doxycycline while on the Guai. There were no problems. Most meds are no longer plant based as science has found ways to synthesize meds but any time you are considering a med, the pharmacist should be able to help you with the ingredients.

I suggest you start out even more slowly on the Guai and see what happens. The headache may not necessarily be a result of the Guai. Also, the Mucinex contains blue dye which could possibly be responsible. If it were me, I would order the pure white Guai sold here. It's a fast acting, which isn't what's recommended to start with, but if it's the dye causing the headache, the FA white Guai would be a better choice. You just have to take it in smaller doses more often throughout the day to keep it in the system.

The blue dye caused me to have a rash but it eventually went away and I can now tolerate it.

Another possibility is to get a scrip from your doc and have it made up at a compounding pharmacy. If you have insurance, it may cover it for you.

Good luck. BTW, if you have any questions regarding Guai, if you address them to the Guai Ladies, you will get more responses.

Love, Mikie
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

again for your help how are you feeling ?
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

however I was just wanted advice from people who are living with fibro.

Clertx
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was in remission and feeling really well but it appears that some allergies have come along and made me tired. I have a bladder infection right now and am treating that.

Other than that, I am doing well, certainly a lot better than when all this started. The Guai keeps the FMS under control and reversed and that makes it so much easier for me to deal with other problems and the ME/CFIDS.

Again, good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  9. clerty

clerty New Member

hugsxxxxxxx
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And hugs and good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  11. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...I was on Mucinex which is the same as the long-acting guai sold here. Now I am on the Marina Del Ray Pharmacy compounded guai (you need a prescription from your doctor, then google the pharmacy name for their website and fax number). It has no dye and is still long acting. I think I am doing better on the MDR guai.

Good luck...keep trying...it really works! Ann