Can I toot my own horn for a minute

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steve69h, Sep 14, 2005.

1. steve69h

steve69h New Member

I just wanted to say I have made a 6yr milestone today I have been alcohol free. It's been a long draw and With everything else thats been going on this made me feel good today. <p> Small update on my SSD I have an appointment with SSD tomorrow they want more info so my earlier notes of being approved are now in limbo will let you know what happens Steve
  2. petsrme

petsrme Member

Congratulations Steve! That is wonderful! Good luck tomorrow.
  3. steve69h

steve69h New Member

27 an 15 wow I hope i make it that long that would be great and thks for tomorrow
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Great going, Steve! Six years is a really long time! You should be very proud of yourself.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

CONGRATULATIONS, Steve!!

What an accomplishment to be proud of--yes, I would have tooted my own horn, too!!

Good luck with your SSD appointment, too.

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. 123sandra

123sandra New Member

Give yourself a BIG pat on the back(If you can reach and the pain isn't too bad!!)
    Welldone. You should be proud of yourself.
    LOL
    San
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Congrats on the Sobriety for 6 years.
    That's really Great, and contunted (sp?) good wishes for the next 6 years, ;o)

Good luck at your SSD, hope you win that battle too.
    sharonk
  8. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Keep on a tooting!! That is just great Steve! I too had to stop the self medication when everything in my life was falling apart. It just amazes me that I can get through all these health issues and the pain without a drink! It's been over 2 years now. How'd ya do it? I don't do AA anymore as I live pretty far out in the country and don't drive much anymore. Also, it is just not an option for me at all and by the grace of God the desire has been lifted. I lived with a bottle of vodka for years even working. I had it with me at all times. Wasn't diagnosed with all these problems until I got sober. Still working through that but just try to remember to be grateful it could always be worse I suppose. This is a totally different kind of "sick".
    So glad for you and I will add you to my prayers!
    Congrats!
    Jenny
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

Are you in a program like AA or something where other members will celebrate with you? This is just a terrific milestone, and I sure hope you get to have a little "in person" celebration with your loved ones. Such a hard thing to do. I'm about to go bonkers, and all I gave up was cigarettes! And only 3 weeks ago! If I manage to go six years, I'm gonna buy myself some FABULOUS (but inexpensive!) treat!

Pat yourself on the back!!!
    Rachel
  10. sheried

sheried New Member

I am always so proud to hear of someone that is working the plan. I am so glad you have been able to do this.

Keep it up. It's something to be really proud of.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  11. orachel

orachel New Member

Why don't you take a few minutes to be the FIRST MAN to get in on our "Getting to know you...." post? By your bio, its clear that you have been thru A LOT, and I'm sure you're both needing and capable of giving a ton of support to other people here! Reading thru everyone elses story really made me feel terrific!!

Congratulations, again!
  12. UPK5

UPK5 New Member

Dear Steve,

Congratulations. My brother has been a member of AA and it has helped him turn his whole life around.

He lives in Colorado, but goes to meetings everywhere he goes. He has met so many terrific people and feels so wonderful about himself.

I know what an accomplishment this is for you.

Keep on tooting, and we'll keep on rooting!

Cheers,
    Cindy
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I would toot my horn for more than a minute if I was you.

Good luck with your SSD.

Rosie
  14. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Keep up the good work!
  15. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

You deserve to be incredibly proud!! Hope all goes well with the SSD-I'm at the hearing stage and holding my breath, so let us all know, ok??

Take care and enjoy your freedom for yet another day! PG
  16. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Congrats!,
    I know from experience its tough,but very well worth it. I hit my seven year mark in July. Take care, Keith
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations!!!

Love, Mikie
  18. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

We are all so proud of you and You absolutely should toot your own horn.

Also, I believe it may help others on this board to here of your success.

Love,
    Marcia
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hooray for you! Hope tomorrow goes well.

Sue
  20. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I quit smoking in 1996 after 32 years of enjoying cigarettes. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.

When I read about folks who have stopped a damaging habit, I am reminded of how difficult it is to do so.

You are an inspiration to all of us!!!

abbylee