Can it be a good day and a bad day at the same time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Saoirse3, May 13, 2012.

1. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

More pain today, and I don't even know why I did this. I tried to mend fences and tell all my daughters they were awesome. The oldest one, the one with the PTSD called the police on me - AGAIN! Luckily this time I saved her two screaming, filth spewing, voice mails. The police were in agreement that she is VERY disturbed. I mean, who calls the police on their own mother on Mother's Day? And I was ashamed for the police to hear the absolutely filthy language. But I suppose they hear everything. Sad day for the Navy today!

On the other hand I saw incredible beauty, both yesterday and today. My youngest gave me a wonderful Hawaiian plant and a gorgeous card, and my middle daughter drew a beautiful (albeit a little on the strange side) picture for me. And yesterday, I was with my beloved rescue birdies! Coming home I saw a magnificent Big Horn sheep and some Dall sheep on the mountain! And today I saw a flock of Sandhill Cranes (they look like furry flamingos!)

My husband gave me a a wonderful pendant - it's the Hammer of Thor! He said "When life seems unjust and you just can't stand the pain, put the hammer down!" Is he smart, or what? LOL! He also gave me a pair of dragonfly earrings he knew I had been wanting forever.

Pain level is beginning to be through the roof. Trying so hard to remain positive and focused. Some days, though it's so very hard!

Soft hugs,
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I think that's called "life" :) - good and bad all mixed up together - but sorry yours went to such extremes! That would be very difficult dealing with your daughter who has PTSD. It sounds like she may have more going on than PTSD though. Is she open to counseling? EMDR (google it) is a form of therapy which is extremely effective for PTSD and trauma of all sorts. You can go to for more info and for a list of therapists who are trained in this technique.

Well, am very glad you had the good parts too. Your husband sounds very sweet!

And yes, it can get old trying to remain positive all the time. Sometimes I just say, yes, this is sh**y, dealing with CFS and crashing etc., and just admit how tough it is, and then after awhile I'll pull myself together again. But I think we need to just let go or break down every once in awhile - we are only human!

Take care -

3. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

So sorry you daughter gave you such grief again. But I am glad you husband, other daughter and nature were all there to balance things out a little.

I was just in tears this morning telling my husband that I am so tired dealing with pain and pretending that the pain is not there....he listened and reminded me how bad it used to be and that I have had a lot more good days than bad. So glad we have sensitive husbands....