Can it be any sillier? German Bath-Tub Racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hey Y'all,

I saw this on our local news yesterday so I did a search online so I could share a weblink. We're talking about the one and only Annual German Bathtub Racing. It's pretty hilarious. Supposedly it's real bathtubs being raced in the water, and what's even funnier is that they have to decorate them with a theme!

So here's a fun question to ponder: if you were going to race on a bathtub (because you know you always secretly wanted to), what would YOUR theme be?

Here's the link for your amusement:

[This Message was Edited on 08/07/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haha. We all know from watching Monty Python what a whacky gourp those krauts are.

Meine grossmutter vas auf Deutschland. My son went to a "Bavarian" village in Washington state; sent me a t-shirt. "Don't be a sour kraut!"

Where is it they have a bed race? I know it's on dry land. England? USA? Maybe someday the two races will be combined. The beds will become berths.

3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Not sure where the bed racing is. I'll have to find out. It's nice to see adults enjoy themselves and not take life too seriously.

I wonder if we as fibro/CFS sufferers could get in on the bed racing action? We could stay in our beds and let others push us through to the finish line. Another silly thought from Silly Me. Leads me to wonder what other kinds of wacky racing there might be---perhaps sofa racing or Lazy Boy racing?

4. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Just to let you know that Nanaimo, B.C.[Canada]holds an annual bathtub race.

The event takes place between Nanaimo and Vancouver.

This has been going on for many years.

Maybe the Germans got the the idea from the crazy Canucks? Love Denamay
  5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

We used to have these in our 4th of July parade...

6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

How neat that Nanaimo holds those bathtub races also. They really sound like fun. Kind of like "Canucks going amok". I saw in your profile that you're an artist. My mom is one also. What kind of art do you enjoy doing?

Laceymae, how totally cool that your town used to have bed races during the 4th of July parade! My town just goes bonkers setting off fireworks. Did people save old beds or did they actually use the ones that they slept on?

Great hearing from you both.

Have a wonderful evening,

Erika :)