Can it be?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Nov 10, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

I know this might be a dumb question but I have a neighbor behind me that has a green pool. I am constanly getting bitten by mosquitos. But neighbors don't, grandson really doesn't get much . Mine are huge and very itchy.

Does anyone know if some people are more suseptible to it or could it be my meds that they are smelling? Coing out of my skin?Orrrrr?

Am I just to danged sweet? Hahahahaha , Thats what I told my neighbor.

Take all answers you guys have.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you have WNV in your state, you might want to call the health department about the stagnant water in your neighbors pool. They will make the drain the pool, or clean it up.
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

They asked me if I wanted to prosecute? I said uh NO, I don't need an irate neighbor thinking I am just out to get them. But believe me I would if I did contract that disease.

Deb
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

If there's one mosquito in a 10 mile radius, it will find me and bite me! I live in the country and follow all the recommended preventative measures and they still find me.

We even have 3 mosquito control machines on a 1 acre lot. (Should only need 1) They do help but at dusk and dawn, forget it. I stay inside or spray myself silly. I also have a mosquito jacket and pants for when I'm gardening.

Regards,

Eileen
  5. jpowell79

jpowell79 New Member

I'm kinda a newbie/lurker...but want to join in some more. Hope you don't mind my two cents...

Mosquitos are attracted to Carbone Dioxide...which is how they attract to all kinds of animals, not just humans. Pregnant women are proven to take more breaths, and thus put off more Carbon Dioxide. I know it is true for me...my baby is 10 months old today. But, I've also found that the more pain I'm in the more breaths I take, trying to relax.

One way to more or less turn mosquitos off, is to eat lots of garlic, even if you can't smell it on your breath, they can, and they think it's icky :) Same as planting society garlic will keep many pests (including cats and birds) out of your garden. Lookin' forward to chattin more with everyone....*gentle hugs*

~Jaime
  6. silky17

silky17 New Member

Well I think I have been having hormonal problems, How did you figure your hormone problems out?

Yes I do eat allot of bananas,geeeeeeze! I hate walking around smelling like bug spray. You know how we are about scents with this dd we have.

Debbie
  7. Starcat

Starcat New Member

I'm sure interested to hear what the oil is called too Kate. I will try anything to get away from these chemicals.

Will watch for your post as well!
  8. silky17

silky17 New Member

Hope you can think of the name. Just imagine I live in Phoenix, Ariz and the weather has been georgous lately. But the skeeters about kill me. Booo hoooooooo!

Thanks all!
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

...not sure why. You could always buy some spray treatment and ask your neighbors if they mind you treating the sitting water with the treatment you purchased. I'm sure they wouldn't mind, and mosquitos can be quite nasty.
  10. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I HATE mosquitoes!!! But they LOVE me!! Like some of you they will hunt me down and eat me alive…the highest deet can’t even keep them away. This summer was by far the worst…Did you know that mosquitoes will swarm and attack like bees? Mine do…hehe. My hubby says our’s are superhuman strong b/c they eat so well off of me

I have always questioned a hormone thing…And I too felt the best I ever have while Preggo…something to look into
  11. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

to me. I was talking about this subject recently with a neighbor. There was actually a death in our neighborhood this summer from West Nile Virus. There was a huge mosquito problem where I live in California.In the past, I used to get eaten alive by mosquitos and develop huge welts. However,even with the increased mosquitos this summer, I did not get bitten once. I'm wondering if the medication I take since developing fibromyalgia has something to do with it. I'm thinking that something in my blood is not appealing to them anymore. Could it be the Effexor? There must be a connection because other people continued to get mosquito bites and I was outdoors where they were. Really strange.