Can Lower Back Pain Be FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 30, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have posted before about lower back pain and the SI joint.
    Well, last Friday I visited my rheumy and he gave me a steroid (Depo-Medrol) injection in the left SI joint area. I was hoping for a miracle, but the annoying ache is still here.

I'm wondering if there is no inflammation, then the shot won't work. Could it be a SI joint dysfunction? Another dr told me to just do back exercises in bed.

Anyone else have chronic low back problems and how did you fix it? Does it ever go away?

Thanks,
    Tania
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Mine was caused by aspartame consumption. I haven't used it in a year and a half. I haven't had a backache since.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Lumbar spondylosis, facet syndrome cervical spondylosis and had another MRI done almost a year ago to discover I also have an annular tear, lower back. What I have will not get better unless it progresses, requiring surgery. Due to going through 2 anterior cervical fusions, and still no better, I doubt I would have anymore surgeries unless absolutely necessary. At this point, I must take meds and deal with it, which is VERY difficult. I DO, however, have the option of the injections in the lower back but due to no insurance, that's out. As for the excercises, that's out also. I would be taking a risk of doing more damage than helping, not to mention, can't lift much.

Not sure how much this will help you but I tried. I have looked up information on the internet but there is so much I don't understand about all of this.

Best of luck to you and take care!

BlueSky555