Can MS lesions show up on CT scan? or just MRI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by ckball, Jun 23, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been trying to research this but with brain fog and all and keep getting interrupted. I am lookiing for a MS message board too.

My Neuro dr said MS may be one of my problems along with FM<CFS<RA< ec. I had a CT scan about 3 years ago and it was normal. Thanks for any leads- carla
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I do think that lesions will show somewhat on scans, but even an MRI cannot define MS BTW, only a spinal tap.

Love Anne Crom
  3. JosieSue

JosieSue New Member

I have been seeing a neurologist for a possible MS diagnosis.

I have been told that only MRIs with and without contrast can be used to diagnose MS along with other diagnostic tools.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And SPEC (SP?) scans are supposed to be the best at showing the lesions. People with FMS and CFIDS can have lesions but a good doc is supposed to be able to tell them apart from the MS lesions.

Love, Mikie
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I had a CT scan 3 years ago, but we weren't looking for MS then. My Neuro Dr asked if I had a MRI done for MS and I wasn't sure if it was a CT or MRI. I found my papers and it was a CT.

So now I am wondering what is going on with me. Why would he bring MS up if he didn't suspect it in some way. Only time will tell.Thanks for your answers.
  6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i don't know about all that but my dr. told me it would not matter that i would have the same treatment i have now. do any of you been told this?
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

it used for MS< and ................oooooooooooooooh I just can't remember and Lupus that was it. I have symptoms of Lupus and MS but tested neg for Lupus but since I have been on the Plaquinal it can change the test results,

Then I get to throw Lyme in with the mix. The next few weeks aren't going to be easy. It's the not knowing that is hard for me. Carla