can one live outside the usa and collect ssd

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by freshair, May 23, 2006.

1. freshair

freshair New Member

I was just wondering if one on ssd can live outside the USA, seems that there are some cfids clinics in barcelona (spain)and buenos aires (argentina). i dont know how good they are, but didnt want to spend time checking them out unless we can be in a foreign country. I know that our medicare doesnt cover us, but from what i hear it is not expensive to get evaluated by them. thank you.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

you can live anywhere you want...

I know of people on SSD who have moved to Mexico because of cheaper living & medication costs...

There shouuld be no problem accessing your money anywhere there is an ATM, besides many banks now have int'l branches/connections.

However, if one is receiving SSI, you cannot be out of the country for more than 30 days...

I thoroughly researched all of this as we wanted to move to Mexico, but putting our plans on hold at least until our son gets better (he has Lyme). Also had a friend who liked the idea and did move to Mexico who is on SSD.

hope this helps...

BTW, what kinds of treatments are they offering that is so different from here? Just really curious as to what they're finding is helping...

all the best,
    Victoria