Can photos be scanned to put in bio.??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, May 23, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Please for give if you already saw this question on Kathleen's post.

I know that the pics can be put in the bio if they are already on your computer photo files. However, I looked into my files and I have not been able to fine any ofme and maybe some of my family together. We are way behind in doing that and also haven't taken that manay pics lately.

If anyoe has been able to scan a picture to then put in their bio please let me know. I need step by step instructions since I am not a computer techy like my son. I am sure he get exastperted with me sometimes. Actually DH is worse. So, I do not feel to badly (-: !!

I would love to post a picture so I need HELP !!

Thank you for any help on this subject !! Some have given me info before but it had to do with pics already on your computer..

Hugs to all,

Granni
  2. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Now that is something I CAN do! I'm assuming you have a scanner and that it is hooked up to your pc. There should be a button on your scanner that says "scan" somewhere. So just place the photo on the glass and press scan. It's been so long since I've done this but I think your pc will ask you which file you want it scanned to or if you want it in a new file.

I sure hope you can do this cuz I'd sure like to see your mug up there...LOL.

If you run into trouble, maybe you could ask your son for help, even if he does get frustrated w/you, but I'm sure he won't.
  3. Granniluvsu

Thanks for your responses.

I have HP Photosmart. Not sure what you mean by what I have on my desktop but I am guessing that you mean photo related. If so it is .

Photoimpact 8
    HP Gallery
    and HP director - I am not sure about this cause when I click on it nothing happens.

Is this what you meant? I will check with you both later. Any little bit of info from andyone would be appreciated. Then, I have to find a pic but I think Ican find one someplace (-: !!

Bye for now.

Hugs to all,

Granni

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2008]
  4. Granniluvsu

Elaine,

Thanks alot for the information. I did know about the dwsktop but had wondered about that before I did know . It sounds easy but the part of the getting it into the right folder and getting it into the bio. I am not sure about.

****Do you have to be on the PH Boards screen FIRST or the place where it is talking about putting pics into the bio.before starting the scanning prccess or what? I h ope you understand wht I am saying.

Or do I start the process first just as you said but then I am not sure how it will get into the bio. - - -DUH !!

Sorry to sound so dumb. I know, the first time to do anything is always the hardest !!

Thanks alot. I will fool around with it later but also have to find apicture now I want you all to see- OH dear (-: !!ha, ha !

Hugs,

Granni
  5. Granniluvsu

Elaine,

Thanks alot. I have been also having a hard time trying to find a picture toput in there. Either they are to old or something. Do they have to be small to put in the bio space? Iknow I hae an 8X10 of DH ans I but I don;t wnt to have to fuss with sizing it. I also found another not sure of when it wa taken but it doesn't look to old, with a year or two I would guess.

We will be out tonight going to a friends and then out to eat. So, I may not get to it tonight/today.

I know sometime ago I tried it before scanning a picture and so got as far as the looking for a picture in the file so I either had to scan something or have something already in there which I didn't.

Bye for now. Thanks alot for the help. Now we will see if I can do it Z (-: !!

Hugs,

Granni.
  6. Granniluvsu

Well everyone, it's done - somehow. Not the best pic, it is to dark and small. However I will have to find some better ones but it is a start.

Thanks for the help. Hope I can do it again (-: !!

Love,

Granni