Can poor sleep make you feel "down"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I was feeling so good after my doctor appt. this morning, but slowly all afternoon I've started to feel very down. Not depressed, in the true sense of the word, just all blah. I've been exhausted all day and in a lot of pain. Could poor sleep cause you to feel so yukky? I feel like a wet dishrag. I don't want to feel this way all weekend. What causes this? I'm so sick of this!

Annette2
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Annette
    Sorry to hear your feeling bad, I know that when I have a night of poor sleep or wake up with pain in the night I have problems for a couple of days, sometimes its just fatigue and somedays I too feel sorta blue. Usually I'm also in pain at that point so it only aggravates the blue mood. My suggestion go easy on yourself, do something relaxing, take a warm lavender bath that often helps me. I think its part of having this DD and yes I get frustrated too by the way I feel. I think you have alot of company in this department. Hope you are feeling more energectic tommorow. Soft Hugs
    Suz
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I'M SORRY YOU ARE HAVING A BLAH DAY.FOR ME SLEEP SEEMS TO BE THE KEY TO IT ALL.IF YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH SLEEP YOU FEEL THE PAIN MORE AND WHEN YOU ARE IN MORE PAIN YOU GET WHAT I CALL THE GRUMPIES.I HAVE FOUND THAT IF I TAKE A WARM BATH BEFORE BED WITH EPSON SALT (IT HELPS WITH THE MUSCLE PAIN) AND LAVENDER I GET TO SLEEP FASTER AND DON'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE STRUGGLED TO GET TO SLEEP.I MAY BE IN PAIN BUT I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE THE BLAHS AS MUCH.PLUS THE LAVENDER HELPS YOU TO RELAX. HOPE THIS HELPS.HOPEFULLY TOMORROW WILL BRING A BETTER DAY.MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.

LOVABUGA
  4. healing

healing New Member

Annette, of course persistent bad sleep can make you feel down. So can unrelenting pain, which can be exacerbated by sleep issues. I think that's at least one reason why docs prescribe antidepressants like Zoloft to relieve FM symptoms. I think we have seratonin problems overall and what we have to put up with physically doesn't help.
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I slept pretty good last night, but woke up in the worst pains in my left leg! I'm going to take a Darvocet as soon as I eat some breakfast. I don't think this is ever going to get better......

Annette2
  6. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Oh Yes! It not only makes you more down, it makes you grumpy, the pain is worse, the fatigue is worse.

Was told before by a doc that face the depression and the sleeing disorders first off. Wish I listened!

[ advertisement ]