Can some one please explain to me exactly what fybro does to the

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reneangel, Oct 18, 2005.

1. reneangel

reneangel New Member

I was wondering if someone out there could tell me what it is in your body. I have had this for 4 years and i have heard different explaintions about this. so if someone could help me understand what is happening to my body more i would apreate that. it is very hard right now in much pain. thanks
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear reneangel,

Like you I have heard sooooo many explanations of what causes fm. I wanted so much to know because if I knew, I could find a cure - I thought. After many years of hearing about stuff and trying to read some difficult research, I do not believe that there is a single cause. Different experts gave different, and sometimes conflicting info. I now just focus on ways to reduce MY pain, irrespective of the cause. When the experts start to agree, then I shall focus some of my limited energy on what they have to say. I prefer to look for relief. Sorry I can't help, but I can sympathize.
  3. MrsRedBear

MrsRedBear New Member

Hi ReneAngel, Apparently, you have triple the amount of a pain receptor in your system, this has been found when spinal taps <ouch> are done on fibro's. In addition, whereever the muscle attaches to bone, there is inflamation, because our brains are misfiring signals. Where the fibro fog comes from, I don't know, but the depression comes from being in pain all the time. One of the most important things I have done is to accept my illness. Not easy, even to this day. Also, anyone who tries to make you think you are crazy, by saying you aren't ill, etc., I think people like that just don't want to help. Hope to see you in the chat room.
    MrsRedBear
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Dr St Amand's theory is that we are genetically unable to rid our bodies of phosphates via our kidneys, & that instead these are deposited in almost every cell of our bodies, causing all our many weird symptoms. If you are interested, you can check out his Guaidoc website or read about the Guaifenesin protocol in the library here.
  5. reneangel

reneangel New Member

Well thank you for getting back to me. like everyone i have heard many different explainions about fybro and well i havent figured out what goes on in my body but i can tell you iam in so much pain iam in a big flare right now and my doc and me have run out of ideas. He is not an expert on this and tries to help me as much as he can . but the pain is out of control and then the depresion goes in hand with it. its hard to deal with thank you all for all the feedback. reneangel