Can somebody explain this strange, bad pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Oct 22, 2006.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I've been getting this lately about 2-3 times a week.

The pain goes back and forth from my chest (right side) past the thyroid and up to my jaw/ear. Sometimes the pain even goes thru to my back. Sometimes I wake up with it. Today I was in church and I'm thinking the attempt to sing brought it on. By the way, I used to sing but find I've pretty much lost any ability and only have a l octave range.

I've been checked for gallbladder but it's OK. The pain lasts about 2-3 min. really really bad and around the throat feels like I need to cry really bad. You know that painful choked up feeling. Afterwards my neck hurts for hours.

Is this muscle spasms?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sunflowergirl:

Just a guess.....when I complain about symptoms like this to my rheumy he says it is the fibromyalgia. He explained that the pain can travel to any part of the body.

You might want to get it checked by doc. Whether it is related to the diseases or not, it might be good to find out.

I hope this passes for you. Who needs more pain?

nyrofan
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Nancy, do you think it might be Costcondilitis?
    Sorta sounds like it , since you said your GB is ok.
    The pains can be similiar, I've experienced them both, but I have had the GB removed.

How's your Garden these day's, btw. Missed talking to you, hope your doing well, other than this Pain you are expericening.

Be sure to call the Dr. Mon. if it still persists.
    The trouble with FMS is you can't always tell for sure what is causing the problem so you need to check out new symptoms.

I heard that you had fallen a while back, how are you feeling now? I hope better, those unexpected, "Trips" are no fun, that's for sure.
    I took a good spill a couple of weeks ago and the Hip still throbs. ugh!

Hug's,
    sharonk
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I don't experience this so I can only take a guess.
    It very well could be costochondritis.

Many of my odd pains are from Fibro.
    Like when I lay on my sides my whole side/rib cage hurts.

Not sure what that is either,...I have'nt gotten a clear answer so I assume its FM.

If its that worrisome,..I'd get it checked out again.
    or at least press for an answer as to what it may be.

Best of Luck :)
    Tandy
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Three things: One always have chest pain checked. Heart pain in women often will go into the jaw.

2) It could be the darn chostochondritis a lot of us get here.

2) because you have the pain in your throat as well as the chest, I wonder if you are getting esophageal spasms?

Hope you can sort this.

Love Anne
  6. sunflowergirl

I absolutely hate to see a doctor but if this continues and gets even worse, I guess I will have to.

Sharon. I think we all have our tumbles now and then. I'm trying hard to use the power of positive thinking. I'm going out when I can with a painting group and I love it so much. I'm terrible at watercolor painting and also drawing any type of a building.......but I'm going to learn.

Along the positive thinking line, husband and I are planning a trip to...........Yellowstone in the winter (february). I must be crazy but this is something I've always wanted to do and at almost 62 I'm running out of good years. I'm trying to grab all the gusto I can get, so to speak. I'm also thinking about Italy for about 3 weeks of painting. I'm going to start getting SS come January so that's going to finance some of this.

I sure hope all your family is well and healthy........as much as can be expected. I miss being on the board but I had to move on. I hope you understand.
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I hope you enjoy Yellowstone, it is Beautiful that time of the year, from the Photos I have seen, lol, to cold for me.
    I bet you will be Inspired, and I look forward to a Painting or 2, later.

You'd never believe what I do these day's, I Color in Coloring Books, gotta do something with all the bedtime I'm putting in.
    Wish I had your Talent.

Dear SaraAnn, left too, seems like our lives get so bogged down at times, we aren't able to hang out with others, even if we know we will miss them and I know you are.

I'm sticking to one bd, for awhile, Bro. is still in and out of NA & VA, Judy is still going for Cancer of the throat, and the other sister's Instines are all messed up again and she is headed for a big Op this time.
    Other than that the Family's doing GReat, ;o)

Is your Son still doing the Radio show? How's the GS?
    Hope your all Well, and stay well, Winter is so tough even here in Sunny Ca.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  8. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i was also thinking of reflux...
  9. sunflowergirl

He's getting quite a following too. People in the entertainment business have found him and love his show. Who knows.....perhaps down the road he'll get paid for it.

My grandson is 3 l/2 now and lots of fun. I get to see him about twice a week. I've dug out all the Legos I saved from my sons, and we build with it. Well, actually I build and then we play with the cars I've made.