Can someone help me????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vamp, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hi all - Vamp from Minnesota here and new today to this board, so I sure could use some help as to what I am doing and how to on this board situation. Can someone tell me how I can get replies to my e-mail box on things as I saw it once and lost it again - LOL - nothing new there! Is usually lost...
    Vamp
  2. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hi all - Vamp from Minnesota here and new today to this board, so I sure could use some help as to what I am doing and how to on this board situation. Can someone tell me how I can get replies to my e-mail box on things as I saw it once and lost it again - LOL - nothing new there! Is usually lost...
    Vamp
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

post. I think it was Newbiee. Also refresh you screen now and then and it will put the most recent posts on the top.

Again Good Luck,

Cindy
  4. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Doesn't know computer well....doesn't know how to refresh screen - Vamp
  5. cpalance

cpalance New Member

your computer there should be names like File,Edit,View, etc. Click on view and then click on refresh. Depending on how your computer is setup, there is an icon with arrows going both ways that is also a refresh button.

Cindy

By the way, where abouts in Minnesota are you from. When I was a kid we went there every summer for vacation. I loved it.[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2002]
  6. froggy

froggy New Member

Were in MN. are you? I live in East Central MN. small town North of the Twin cities. my email is froggy@youbetnet.net if I can help.

Peace & Love Jan
  7. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Cindy - I am just NOT getting this deal!!!! NO view on top of my screen, so I am getting totally lost - I do not know how to rectify this, so I may BAIL out of this as much as I would like to stay........BUT these message boards confuse the daylights out of me! Sorry
    By the way - from 45 miles east of Twin Cities, in the St. Croix River Valley area - Lindstrom, MN.
    Vamp
  8. froggy

froggy New Member

that's about 1 hr. south east of me. I answered your ? under your post about divorce about this board- check it out- and to refersh the board-on internet explorer, on the top bar, second line you will have a line that has-back-forward, stop, refresh, that is the one you click on to get updated board. Idon't use netscape so can't tell ya- maybe click on view then refresh?

Peace & Love Jan

there is a box at the end of your post that let's you get notify when a answer is posted to your post. maybe that is what your talking about.??[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2002]
  9. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Jan - Where are you at in Minnesota ?????

I will keep trying off and on today with this board, but like I am doing now - replying to your message, there is no option to send to my mailbox; just post message....
    Maybe that is for new discussion or something....I am just more confused but thanks and will try what you said....would like to help out those with CFIDS and divorce issues...
    Vamp
  10. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Vamp,
    I am also technologically challenged. On this board, I see the "Notify of Response" button only when I post a new topic. If you are using Netscape, in the upper left hand corner of your screen, you should see a button that says "Reload". If you left click one time on that, it updates your screen. On Internet Explorer, it will say "Refresh". Hope you get it figured out. It is possible that your computer is set up to hide this portion of your screen. If this is the case, call your internet providor and ask the tech help folks to walk you through changing the settings so it shows up as a band across the very top of your screen. They are used to dealing with novices and are usually very willing to help.
    Kathryn
  11. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Please don't give up. If you would like, send me an email and I can help you.

Cindy
    cpalance@houston.rr.com
  12. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Cindy - Thanks and all of you who were kind enough to respond to my ridiculous cries. Been very frustrated with computer as of late... Can you tell? LOL
    At any rate, think I will get it - getting better each time I think here but did write your e-mail addy. down Cindy - thanks for the kind offer- and hopefully I won't have to bug you about this anymore, but just in case - wink wink
    Vamp
  13. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

if you cant find your refresh button just hit F5 on your keyboard.
  14. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Vamp,

I live in Minnesota as well, I didn't know there were so many board participants in MN. Anyway, what king of computer do you have? PC or Macintosh and what Operating System (Windows 95, 98, 2000 or XP, or Macintosh OS-9 or OS-10)?

There could be any number of reasons for your problems so some basic information would be helpful in beginning to trouble-shoot the problems. I am primarily a Macintosh user, but I can get around PC's pretty well too. If you think that I can help, e-mail me at fifty1ford@aol.com

Peace,
    Ford J.