Can someone offer advice???

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Kowboy, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Kowboy

Kowboy New Member

I'm a 44 year old female in good health. No major medical concerns. I've recently relocated on a temp. basis from my home in So. California to Central Florida and was under alot of stress in the transistion. Felt flu like symptoms upon arrival in December 2002 which continued into January-February, a bit under the weather, aches and pains, sore throat and treated as such.
    I began a temp. job for a company that put in on overnight shift in a dusty warehouse, very physical work..it's all I could find in the interim. Though active and fit, I was feeling the affects of this "flu" on the rise while working, sweating all night in a confined area. To top it off, there were smokers in the break area of which we all were required to take a break in and lunch. No ventilation of any kind and it was naueseating..5 people that were chain smokers. My head was reeling the first two nights of this, to include floors being chemically cleaned without ventilation. On the 4th night I was really ill, but still pushed ahead. By midnight I thought I was going to pass out, my head was pounding, my ears pounding, blood pressure raises (I have normal hearing -been tested in October and blood pressure always normal: 127/80 approx.)
    By 2 am at work I was in severe pain. Cold sweats, nausea, rapid pulse rate, rapid heart beat (like it was going to rip through my chest), my ears were getting blocked off, my head reeling and I spent 20 min. soaking my head in cold water in the bathroom with towels on my neck. The manager said he could not let anyone outside since it was a secured environment and I had to suffer til 6 am...even though I told him I needed to go to the hospital.
    I was in emergency by 7am with the assistance of a friend that drove me there in severe ear pain. They diagnoised me with a severe middle ear infection and my bp was soaring at 174/110!! (I don't have medical insurance and this scared the shit out of me and being so far from home!!)
    The gave me pain meds in there and antibotics. I was crying provusely with the pain in my ears which felt like they were going to explode and I lost all my earing in both ears. All I could hear was my own heartbeat pounding rapidly, I was severely dizzy.
    Four days no relief. I was rushed to a Medical Clinic close by with the same result plus now fighting fevers of 102. I was told again I had a severe middle ear infection with a blocked sinuses and the fluid was built up in both ear tubes. My blood pressure was still soaring.
    I am slowly recovering at only about 30% being in bed most of the time, not being able to drive, go outside, nothing!
    The pain has subsided some in my ears but they are still filled with fluid, just not as bad. I cut out caffiene, am no longer working at that job, resting a lot, not driving because I can't even hear what is around me, and drinking alot of juices, eating fruits, trying to relax.
    Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Adult middle ear infection? Any kind of symptoms to such an atmosphere as I mentioned? Any kind of cures or advice? Even if it happened to your child, which is common: middle ear infections...any advice?
    I need to return to So. Calif. in a month and am in no condition to travel under these health related conditions...I know my left sinus is still blocked, I can feel it, but decongestants are just elavating my bp...please offer any suggestions!!
  2. monique14

monique14 New Member

dear.. It might be possible early menopause, my mother had it from about 40...........
  3. cherry

cherry New Member

hi kowboy
    l was just reading your letter when l seen this bit I was crying provusely with the pain in my ears which felt like they were going to explode and I lost all my earing in both ears. l have very bad pain l would say same as you ear drum some time it drive me mad. l had a hearing test done they said l lost half my hearing in both ears.l hope you get this message you can e-mail me at flake99@hotmail.com please write back l am 40year old in july which is around your age area.by the way my name is linda hope to hear from you soon xxxxxxx
  4. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

you really need to get that inner ear infection under control.I was in the hospital once with a girl that had that , she stood up and fell over,so be very careful.You did'nt say how long you've been on the antibiotic but you really must give them a chance to work and if it does'nt get better in a few days I'd go back to the hospital or doctor.this can be very bad.I hate to sound so grim but you scared me when you said inner ear infection,I hope you will be feeling better soon. It could be from the change in climate ,not sure though. Good luck Danisue