Can someone please help me?? I don't think I can take this any

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KarenL47520, Mar 2, 2003.

1. KarenL47520

KarenL47520 New Member

longer. I am so exhausted and I hurt so bad. I am going through the worst flare of my life and I can't go on like this anymore. I have appt to see that doctor 2 weeks from today but I don't think I can hang on that long. This morning my mom called me as usual and asked me how I was feeling and I told her worse than yesterday. She immediately starts in with don't you think if you were to get up and get busy and stop sitting there dwelling on it, don't you think if you got busy and clenaed your house, clean out your closets, clean out your cabinets, rearrange your furniture, wash all your inside windows, get off your A$$ and do something instead of just sitting there........ I just started crying, mom don't you think I would be up doing if I could?? I want to go back to work, I need to go back to work. I would love to be doing anything except sitting here/lying here in so much dam pain. I can't go on like this. I told John yesterday I want to be burried with my 2 favorite cats; Shelby and Elsa and my favorite ferret Mr. Beepers. He was trying to kid me out of my mood and I told him, no I can't take this anymore, I am going to bring this to a screeching hault. This is not living, this is pure torture. I don't think anyone can help me anymore.
  2. wolflake46

wolflake46 New Member

I Know it is tough, somedays I just want to stay in bed and not come out of my room. My family doesn't seem to understand what it is like to have pain 24/7 and I get the feeling they think it is all in my head. Your mother obviously doesn't have a clue what you are going through. I feel your pain. Hang in there!
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

To hear you are in so much of a rutt. I would either call the Doc who referred you for stronger meds or call the office to where your going and ask them to PLEASE get you in sooner. Whoever you call tell them you need something and can't deal with this anymore. I hope that this will help you.
    I am sorry your in such pain and in such a bad spot right now. Keep telling yourself you can make it through this day and hopefully tomorrow will be better. You have to self will yourself sometimes to get through these rough times okay.
    Take care and I hope you find some comfort soon.
    Joannie
  4. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Are you on any meds now? Namely anti-depressants?? If you're not, maybe you could take what I am. A lot of pain will cause you to go deeply into depression. That in turn, causes more pain. It is an endless battle.

Since I've started taking SAMe, I've noticed a definite improvement in my quality of life. It's very fast acting, and it has none of the side effects of traditional meds. I started taking them and started a stretching program at the same time. I do my stretches in the morning and again during the day to help if I need. They're VERY gentle (I wouldn't be able to do anything harsh).

If you have a weight and sleep problem, 5-HTP would be a better choice for you. Go to your favorite search engine and type in either of those two, and read up on them.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. Try to hang in there... We'll be thinking of you.

Debbie
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry you`re feeling so bad. I`ve had many days too where I can`t take it. Its so hard but if you hang on the bad flares usually pass. It will get better again I promise you that. Fm is such a cruel illness. We all deserve a gold medal, no 100 gold medals for surviving it.

Just concentrate on all your lovely pets and your husband. Surround yourself with them and get lots of good rest and you`ll be feeling better soon!

Hugs,
    Sandyz
  6. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

Karen, the people that love you would be devastated if you killed yourself. That would be a lifelong pain for them to carry...they'd never get over it. They'd always feel guilty too, because they'd be second guessing the way they talked to you and treated you. If you killed yourself, you'd be screwing up a lot of people for the rest of their life. If you can't stay alive for yourself, stay alive for the people that love you and care about you.

Your mom is really insensitive to you and I understand how those kinds of words are so hurtful, as I hear it from my family, too. I cannot work, heck I can't even keep up with my housework and I just let it all pile around me until it gets so disgusting that it just adds to my depression. Along with the fibro, I have some back problems and have enormous pain just from that alone. I also have diarreha several times a day almost every single day. I have told my husband so many times "I can't do this anymore" but killing myself is not an option because I have a family that I'd be hurting if I followed through with it. Even if I didn't have a family, there is a good reason to stay alive: hope. We can always hope that we find some medications that will help us, we can hope that someday they will come up with a good treatment plan for this, we can hope that one day we can get through a whole day without pain. No one can ever take hope away from us, Karen.

When I'm hurting beyond belief, I do things that take the thoughts of my pain away even if it's just for just a couple minutes at a time. If you're watching TV or a VCR tape or reading, you can escape for just a moment. Try that. Soak in a warm bath, use a heating pad, eat some comfort foods, pamper yourself....try anything and everything to give yourself a little relief and do not feel guilty for it!!

Hon, you might not realize it, but in your lifetime you have left imprints on all the people that have met you. You're a part of the universal plan and you have a special place here in this world. We all need you! Remember that you're not alone in this, we're all here with you. I know that you don't know us, but we're real people suffering right along with you. Please don't give up Karen, please don't.

Warm soft gentle hugs,
    NightAngel
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2003]
  7. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

I think that this damp cold weather has alot to do with all of us right now. I have been in the worst flare also. I am in Tn. and it has been raining for so long and has been soooo miserable. I told my hubby just this morning, I wonder if I have something other then CFS, FIBRO ETC. The sun is finally out, but not for long. I know that we do feel so much better on nice sunny days. You do have a cute daughter ( I take it that is your daughter in your bio) who needs you also. Just think spring is right around the corner!!! Hang in there, it will get better. We are all in this together, and all are here for each other. Like said, this has been a very rough winter for everyone! Addy is on bio if you need me also! Warm Hugs --- Linda
  8. RedB

RedB New Member

Hi Karen, I don't get the headaches like you do, but here's my suggestion. It looks as if you life where it probably is as cold as where I live (Michigan). Ordinarily, I would say go take a walk with your husband in your favorite area place no matter how much it hurts, because somehow that stretches out the hurtful places, but in a good way. Sometimes when I am at my worst, so that exercises and stretching just kills me, I go for a short walk. It isn't always pleasant, but several hours later, things ease up just a bit for me. And, if I have to exercise, I'd rather it be in a place I love. When I first got diagnosed, and they said start walking, I thought they were nuts, I hurt so badly. But, it does help me some. The problem is getting started. I love music, so I started walking back and forth in my house to my music. As long as I was walking, I took my kitties fuzzy toy on a stick, and dragged it along after me. That way, I walked to my favorite rock and roll, and they played. It worked great, and I only went back and forth a few times, and added more times to it each day. I'd love to say that this is the cure-all for FM, like the "experts" like to think, but it is not so.

My other suggestion is about swimming. I don't know if you enjoy it ot not, but my hubby and I just took a one-night trip to the cheapest motel that we could find that had a pool and hot tub. We were so sick of winter, and I always hurt so bad during the winter, that we decided to try a summer thing. I don't know if it made my pain any better, but it sure helped my frame of mind. I could have stayed in the hot tub forever, and the swim was great! I was glad that I treated myself to something enjoyable. This extra-cold winter is the pits!

If you'd like to e-mail me to get things off your chest, I am at beldorth@triton.net

Hang on, and good luck. Hopefully, physical therapy will help you as it has helped me.

Kathy

9. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

We'd really like to hear from you, hon. I hope that you're not feeling so down today.....please let us know how you are.
  10. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Karen, thinking of you too sweetie. I hope you are having a better day also today, things ease up for you.

I know how you feel, I think we have all been there.

Suicide is not the answer. I also have gone through that. You can make it, you will. Rest, eat properly, stretch a little, take warm baths, read some. Things to keep your mind off the pain just a little.

Getting to your doctor soon will help, like others suggested.

A friend once said to me, fight the depression, keep it at bay best you can, it helps to fight the rest of it all. It really does too. Make sure to take some anti-depressants.

Love~Hugs~Sunny