can someone recommend a VERY MILD detox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sunflowergirl, Jan 25, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I don't want IBS repercussions!
  2. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

I have tried dozens of supplements and the only one that worked really well for me was dandelion root.

I use to have flares that would last 7-10 days. Then I started taking dandelion root 3-4 grams a day as a tea. I did get some mild detox symptoms because I took to much too fast.

I have not had a flare that has lasted anywhere near 7-10 days since I started the dand. root. In fact most flares I have now only last a day or two tops.

Had I started at 500-1,000 mg a day I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Dandelion root is very cheap and its detox effects are dose dependent.

If you decide to try it I recommend that you take 500mg a day every other day, of the whole root, not an extract, then go to 500mg every day if you don't have detox symptoms or when they subside.

Keep going up until you find what dose works best for you. I take 400mg of a 4 to 1 extract 3 times a day, it works really well and has for almost a year. Good luck :)
  3. sunflowergirl

I'll have to research it. I go thru bad fatigue flares after I've had bad pains for a few days. I'm wondering if it's the extra ibuprofen, tramadol and skelaxin I have to resort to that causes me to do this. When it's just a 3-4 pain level I try to use heat and ice instead.
  4. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Taking the dandelion root was a major break through for me, because it was then that I realized that the flares I was getting was caused by toxins.

That started me down the road to find out where the toxins were coming from.

I understand having to take meds for the flares. I had to take aleve to be able to get out of bed and function at all.

Now 99% of the time, half an extra strength tylenol will do the trick.
  5. sunflowergirl

I have a friend with FM and she's very chemical sensitive. She has to double rinse all her clothes, sheets and towels and has to be very careful that she consumes nothing with MSG among other things.
  6. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

I found out my toxins were coming from an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the digestive tract (dysbiosis). This caused leaky gut syndrome and is the root of my problem.

So I'm taking a lot of supplements to address bacterial overgrowth, leaky gut, and all the toxins that come with it, along with a low carb diet. I do feel A LOT better than I did!
  7. mbofov

mbofov Member

Dandelion root helps support and detoxify the liver. I found it helpful several years ago when my liver was overloaded with toxins. I ended up doing a major liver detox with the aid of my chiropractor, it was rather rough so I'm not recommending it, but after it was over my liver worked much better.

So detoxing really can be very beneficial to digestive and overall health.

Milk thistle is also very good for the liver, helps support and heal it, and I would take it along with anything else you are doing to detox.

You might try adding some lemon juice to your water, it helps cleanse the liver and gallbladder, is very beneficial for digestion, and I've never had detox symptoms while taking it, although it does help the liver.

Mary
  8. sunflowergirl

I used to get terrible gas.....embarrasing too. One capsule and within 30 min. the gas was gone. I also read that they give these to cancer patients in the hospital. It's amazing.

However.....it also sucks up your vitamins, etc. So be careful how often you take and what you're also taking. I didn't realize that it might be a detox.
  9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi sunflowergirl!

I can recommend Detox tea by Yogi teas.

Also soluble fiber, in its various forms. One form might agree with you better than another.

Also apple cider vinegar in water. That would be similar to lemon juice in water. Both of those things are supposed to include olive oil, but if you take a lot of EFAs like I do you may be able to skip that part.

Also Flor Essence detoxing tea. I just started using it, and you can take less than a full dose and make it as gentle as you want. I really like it.

Best wishes!
    Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2013]