Can`t drink much water

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Aug 16, 2003.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

I know for constipation and many other reasons a person should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. I have never liked water ( my mother had same problem) and have always been a "sipper" as far as liquids are concerned. This causes a BIG problem for me. I don`t know what to do to change things. My stomach just does not accept fluids well at all.I have a very touchy stomach. I mixed up the sea salt + water and my stomach just would not accept it.My cup of tea or coffee is always cold before I finish it (if I do). I guess this is just a no-win situation. Clueless
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

My daughter has this problem too, but finds she drinks more if she uses a straw - strange but true...

Love Pat.

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are not alone with the water and drinking anything fast.

First of all, I had to find a water that did not choke me, then I found a bottle that I could drink out of that also was confortable! Sounds crazy?? well its a fact with me.

I finally settled on Evian water, its light and goes down easy. I never liked to drink water either. But I sure feel so much better since I made all this effort to do so.

The I use the 'Nomad' small bottles of Evian's, they are expensive, so I bought six of these bottles, and then the 1 liter bottles and fill two of the smaller ones up each day.

I keep them by the computer/bed. I sip the water all day and now I can get the 70 ounces down for the day, sometimes more.

I take the Sea Salt and just put it on the back of my tongue a few times during the day, I can't put the salt in the water, that won't work for me either. But I like salt so putting in on my tongue does work.

I also take a long time to drink my coffee and tea, it always gets cold, so I keep zapping it in the microwave oven!

I also eat my food slow, if I gobbled my food, it would give me heartburn or worst. I eat small meals, and slowly. I also have a sensitive stomach, and IBS along with that.

The water is so important, that its worth all the effort I go through to get it down.

HOpe this encourages you, and that you find out what kind of water and how to drink it. The straw might help too.

Shalom, Shirl

4. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

I drink what works out to be about 10 to 12 8-ounce glasses of water a day. I too am a sipper so I do what Shirl does, sip my water all day long. You don't even realize how much you have drunk for the day but it turns out to be a lot in the end.

I take sips from my Zephyrhills 24-ounce water bottle and re-fill it with my filtered water. I carry it around with me wherever I go, including from one room to the next in my house!! I've been teased by many because of my attachment(LOL)and told also that I should be the spokesperson for Zephryhills. So just try sipping water throughout the day. Eventually, your body will be craving it and you won't be able to live without it just like me. :) Good luck.
    Alicia
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

When it's Hot, like it's been, I do have to drink something, so I dilute Cranberry juice with water, and that way, I don't get that yucky taste. Lemon's are good to, but I can't have most Citris Fruits.

If I drink to much of any kind of Liquid, I get the "Big D", and I hate that. It's a real Blancing act somtimes with the IBS and the FMS.

Gotta Drink something, so I slug down 1%Milk, and I love it, have no problems with Milk, but can't stand the Taste now of Whole or 2%.

Sincerely,
    sharon