Can the flu help brain fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Nov 26, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My son has had CFS for 2 years (he's 19). He had a case of the flu, which lasted a week. I noticed that with the flu he had much less brain fog and was able to speak when he woke up.....mostly about how bad he felt, but he could talk. Since he's gotten better (from the flu) he has been having less brain fog and his concentration seems better. Has anyone else had this happen?
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

If he had high fever, he may have sweat out some toxins. Many of the toxins are stored in fat, and that is why sauna and far infrared sauna can be so healthful. Just a thought.
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

The weird thing was that he didn't have a fever....just an upset stomach and feeling terrible. But now he wakes up with no brain fog- he's so much better! I guess I'll hope it continues.....thanks for writing.
  5. norris2

norris2 New Member

I have noticed that too. My head clears up some when I get the flu. It is strange to actually feel better in that one way when you are actually sicker. It probably just has something to do with how the immune system adjusts. Otherwise, the flu makes all the other symptoms twice as bad.
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

Another one here that's noticed the same thing.
    Makes me wonder if it's because for that short period of time our Immune System is actually working how it is supposed to??