Can u really make money doing paid surveys?Anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by keke466, Jan 16, 2007.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I see so many of these and just wandering if anyone knows anything about them. Have you made any money with them or are they all just another way to rip people off? I know all about-if it sounds to good to be true. Just curious.

2. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi- No they usually require you to participate in several of their "sponsor" programs. You may have to open a creidt card account and use it, THEN sign up for a cell phone plan AND try some other promotion they have going.

I have done extensive research in this and belong to a message board called Friends in Business. You can google that to find the site.

They are a very knowledgable group of people who mainly have stay at home jobs and work at keeping the scammers and spammers away.

Depending on where you live, I didn't look at your profile, there are real Secret Shoppers jobs. Not all ads are the real thing so you have to be carefull. NEVER pay money for a job "opportunity".

Some stores offer you a fee for filing out a exstensive form about your shopping or resturant experience. You get to keep the items you buy. It can run 15-50 dollars depending on the store. Carla

3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Naaaaaa... stay away.. okay??
    Just my 2 cents.
  4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Waste of time,effort & money as far as i can see.I signed up for a few survey companies in August last year & have done about 100 surveys,only one was for payment,the princely sum of £2.
    I think they use these things to advertise products such as mobile phones,electrical goods etc.And I also think most of these survey companies must get contracts from companies to undertake market researh on their behalf & instead of sharing the money with us the survey companies keep the funds for themselves,the greedy beggars,with empty promises of holidays & prize fund draws etc.
    So now I just delete their request for a survey as soon as I receive it.
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I used to work for a research company part time. I did theatre checking which was pretty cool. We went to the drive in and just counted the cars coming in with a little clicker and reported the amount of cars and any film problems for minimum wage + expenses.

I also did phone surveys for them, (actual surveys, not selling anything) and got paid by the surveys completed.

The secret shopper jobs are legit. I know Subway has a secret shopper program as well as kmart. A lot of stores hire them.

As for actually working from home the only real profitable legit job I've come across is I know a few people who are doing transcribing from home. They type court records, medical records, even scripts from voice.

There is a little pedal you have to purchase for your computer that costs around 100 that backs the tapes up so you can relisten to them if you missed a word or whatever.

A server that worked for me was doing it from hom and clearing around 800 a week at it. Of course you have to be able to type well and sit at a computer for hours on end.

Most of these work from home jobs though, well, If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
    Good luck
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Any company, whether it is a marketing research company or mystery shopping group that requires you to pay them first is a red flag that they are illegitimate. You can read more about this online at the Better Business Bureau's website. They will give you a line of BS that it is a "one-time processing fee" or to cover "postage" to send you materials or something.

There are plenty of mystery shopping places that don't require you to pay anything to get started. I researched it once and considered doing it. You don't get paid much, but it looked pretty fun. You have to be healthy enough to be reliable, and I wasn't sure I was at the time.

There's an online survey group called that gives both paid and nonpaid surveys. The paid surveys are rather occasional and usually pay $5. You might make a "whopping" $50 or $100 in a year. Not much obviously. It's mostly for people who like taking surveys. I'm sort of a survey geek who likes giving my opinion (since mine is always right- ha ha).

I've heard of companies in major cities that conduct in-person focus groups that pay a lot more than $5. My father in law has done some and gotten paid $50 to $100. He basically spent 3 to 4 hours of his time giving his feedback on certain products. You might look into that depending on what city you live in.

Best of luck, Erika
  7. artyreader

artyreader Member

I too have the same question--thank you for asking it, the replies were illuminating. I want to keep on top of this, and if I find out anything re: working from home, I'll let u know.

Best wishes for some increased income, and, of course, more good health days!