can u.s guai users come 4ward 2 hlp uk ppl?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smiffy79, Sep 6, 2005.

1. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi people.

what i am asking is that those who have been using guaifenesen to help control thier fm testify as to what has happened with regards to relief?
    what drugs are you using along side or is it guai alone?
    are you sticking rigidly to the food side or is it just the pills for you?

my british dr was quite astonished that this drug would have an effect on fm managment and so this now is for my gp.

it will give an insight to how you were or what you were on before and what you do now and what are the differences if any.

cheers guys smiffy.
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

There is a UK Guai Group & message board on Yahoo.

On the Guaidoc board you will find a page of 'notes for physicians' that you can print off & hand to your doctors.

Guai will make all your symptoms worsen as the phosphates hopefully leave every cell in your body; the correct dose is one that makes you feel tolerably worse (assuming you have got yourself sal free). It is supposed to take two months for every year you've been ill. I've no idea yet if it will work for me or not, as I was on the wrong brand of Guai. I'm reverse cycling with a vengeance now (ouch). Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2005]
  3. maris

maris New Member

Smiffy79,

If you use the search box up top and type in guai, you will find a lot of old posts on the guai treatment, as well as members who have tried the treament.

I tried it for about a year. I had one flare from the guai that I noticed.
    I followed the protocol to a tee, read the book, changed my diet, and felt a bit better, but not enough to stay the course.

I also was on tramadol 50 mgs. four times a day for pain.
    I hope this info is useful. Some folks do better than others with the guai, I hope you do very well on it.

Maris
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

wuold like this info in one place though as can just print off instead of having paper here and there and trying to find it all for my dr.
  5. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

It is supposed to take two months for every year you've been ill.

In that case it will take me 50 months to see a difference!!!

I've had Fibro all my life, i could not see myself staying the course.

Thanks for the info Smiffy.

Bronagh :)
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

two months for every year you have been ill!

is this rule of thumb or individual to you?
  7. jana15

jana15 New Member

My Dr told me about Guai and put me on it. I was on it for 2 years (had been suffering for 4 years at the time) Sadly it didn't work for me but some of my Dr's patients have had excellent results!

I hope you do too.

Cheers Jana
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

From bedridden most of the time 4 1/2 years ago and on Morphine for pain to having to take nothing but OTC meds and not that often. My fatigue comes and goes, but I have CFIDS too; however, I believe the Guai has helped with the fatigue. It almost immediately cleared up my mental Fibro Fog but when I'm tired, I still suffer from cognitive/memory problems. I consider my FMS about 90 percent reversed.

If I have a very bad CFIDS relapse or if I get injured, my pain will return, even in the old tender spots. I believe there is a lot more than phosphate debris removal to explain this treatment. I'm not sure we really know exactly how it works, but the good news is that it works.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  9. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I asked you a question that I see that you answered here. Thanks. Is that doctor in Marina del Rey? I may have to make an appointment to see him as I live all too close.
  10. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

You can bet I'll help you if it works for me, but I just started to take it.

I had already been eating a relatively low-carb diet. I do not eat wheat and eat very small amounts of fruit, mostly green veggies. I have been known to eat a Balance Bar or two, but that's the extent of my sugary snacks, and that is probably too much. Whatever. So far, so good.

About three weeks ago I began to take Intenzyme Forte, which I noticed began to make a big difference in how I felt. I also take lots of other supplements, mostly cause I don't eat enough to get everything that I need from my food because of my limited diet and because I am not convinced that I get all the nutrients provided by the food that I do eat.

I'm wondering if that is why I am feeling the guaifensent so quickly. The Intenzyme Forte virtually "eats" all swelling in your body, and I had been feeling quite good before last night when I started to take it for the first time. It will be interesting to see.

From September of last year until about two months ago I had been eating somewhat badly for me, eating whatever I was in the mood for, and I was getting progressively worse, in more pain and becoming more and more depressed. Each positive step I've taken has helped me to regain my health. This may be because I am treating a very specific problem in my system that responds well to this type of therapy. When I am on the right track, I have found that I always heal easily. If I'm on the wrong track, I know almost instantly as well. It won't take me more than 10 days to know if I'm headed in the right direction...or not.

Best of luck to you!
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are referring to. I'm not sure where Dr. St. Amand is located.

My docs are here in FL.

Love, Mikie