Can we make changes to this website?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luckyman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. luckyman

luckyman New Member

First, many thanks to those that have put in many hours to make this site one of the best resourses on the net.

Unfortunately, I liked the old message board much better than this new one. I find myself gravitating toward other sites because of the new format. I find it busy, and overstimulating. It also feels very crowded, difficult to navigate, but the biggest thing I can't get used to is the narrow posting areas. Could the Message Boards and My Profile in the left column next to the posts be placed at the top of the page? That would allow the posts to spread out, and give a more relaxed comfortable feel to the site. It would also substantially cut down on the business to the eye. Perhaps you could use pull down menus. How about spell check, and smilies? Hope to see the site grow in a positive way.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2008]
  2. quanked

quanked Member

this site is not as active as it was.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I, too, am trying to get used to the new format. Something I noticed when playing around with my computer that might help...

I have Internet Explorer. At the very bottom of the 'frame' (the right side of the frame being the sliding bar to scroll down, the bottom being the 'Done' notice you see when you load a new page) on the far right there is a 'magnify' symbol (magnifying glass) with a plus is in...I clicked on this, and changed the view from 100% to 150%. Now the information on the board takes up the full width of my screen, not just a 'stripe' in the middle.

I don't know if this will help you, or if it is on your computer where it is on mine...I have Vista.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I have a Mac, always have had, so don't know if this is the same for PC's but would imagine it is.

Look for a little icon of a speaker on your desktop. Click on the icon and there should be a "slider" that you can slide up or down for volume.

That said, onboard speakers on computers can be almost useless. (But, turn it up first!) You can plug in external speakers to the earphone jack. A pair of little speakers that would do the trick shouldn't cost you more than $10.

Good luck to you,
  5. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send comments to I can't say this enough. I know many don't like the change and I don't want you think I'm telling you not to post about far from it. I want you to send your likes or dislikes to These emails will get read and hopefully taken into consideration.
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

When I last posted here the background was still white but the light grey background present now is better.

It is the search facility, that I used a lot, that I dislike; it takes too much time and valuable energy to find what I want.

It would be such a shame if this board became less popular purely because people are finding this new format etc too difficult or frustrating.

tc, Tansy