Can whiplash make symptoms better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by isee, Jun 6, 2003.

1. isee

isee New Member

I know this sounds strange, but I was in a rear-end collison about a week ago, and know -from x-rays, doctor - I suffered a whiplash injury.

Here's the thing: my energy has actually increased! When I take the DHEA (25mg), that I was taking before the accident, I actually feel an extra kick.

Could my body's anti-inflammatory hormones, like cortisol and norepinephrine, from the accident, be responsible for this sudden spurt of energy - a week later?

(I also started a high-protein, low-carb, hypoglycemic diet a week before the accident. And... 4 days after accident started 30 mg of Armour's Thyroid. Could those be the critical factors instead?)

I've been getting regular upper cervical adjustments from a chiropractor.

I know these are a lot of variables, but mainly I'm wondering if anyone else with CFS or fibro, felt initially energized after an accident.

Thanks,

Anna
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

It was a year ago I was in a rear end collision. I was the one rear ended, hit unexpectedly, a guy not watching what he was doing, hit me going 45 mph.

I started going to a chiropractor, felt this sudden burst of energy like you explained, felt so darn good! I could walk faster, no pain hardly, all this wonderful energy.

It eventually wore off, then back to the usual FM symptoms within a week though.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

3. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I am tempted to go drive and slam on my breaks ! LOL

While anything is possible , you are doing a lot of other things to help you so I would guess it is those things that are making you feel better. Good for you! I have heard Armour can be a miracle for some and am hoping to find a Dr. to try it for me.
    But who knows ???????????????? Maybe something got whipped back in to place and is working better. I hope so.
  4. Mumu

Mumu New Member

My guess is that it's the chiropractic adjustments, not the injury, that are making you feel so much better. The Armour Thyroid could also be helping. It's funny, though. One time my left hip and lower back had been bothering me. I went skating with my kids, fell on my rear, directly on that side, and the problem cleared up. I think that in my case I just knocked it back into place. Prayers can be answered in strange ways, I guess.