Can you determine if new pains are fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeljoe, Dec 19, 2005.

1. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I have been dealing with fibro and cfs for one year now. I find myself having new pain EVERYWHERE.. I can't decide if these pains are fibro or something else. I have been having A LOT of knee pain??? It keeps me up at night more than the muscle pain. Also, in May I had nerve tests done on my right arm because of elbow surgery in Feb. 04. The test came back with a huge amount of carpal tunnel in that arm. I wasn't having trouble then, but now my hand is numb all the time. Both hands are very painful and numb all the way to both elbows. While reading Fibro symptoms I blame it on Fibro because of the pins and needles. Should I contact a ortho doctor??? Please someone give me advice. I can't even brush my three year old daughter's hair anymore. Thanks so much for answering.

Hugs to everyone,
    Angela
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm sort of an expert when it comes to knees. I've had 4 surgeries between my 2 knees. Did the pain come on all of a sudden?? Do you have any clicking/popping/or locking of the knee?? I'm on;y 27 but have torn cartalige on both knees more than once and know the pain! I'd go see an ortho and atleast get an MRI to rule out damage to the knees. If they're clean I'd rule it to fibro. My knees had been pain free for over 1 year then they both started hurting with this DD.... I know I haven't torn anythong in them so I just write it off to this disease.

Usually it's one knee or the other if you tear some cartalige, usually not both but it does happen if you favor one over the other due to the pain.

Good Luck!

Chris
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Shortly after I got diagnosed, I started having pain in my arms and hands....lots of numbness and tingling. I couldn't even hold a pen and write. My Ortho found Carpal Tunnel and I had to have surgery. You might want to have an Orthopedic Surgeon check you. Good luck
  4. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Hello, I have similar pain in my knees, they are behind the knee though, It burns and aches. The pain came on suddenly and hopefully goes away, I take naproxen 500mg twice a day on a bad day.
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

I think I might be inclined to call the doctor. We all know where our pains are and what level there at, and I think anything that's new and different probably ought to be checked out as it might not be FM related.

Take care

Michelle