Can you explain what your twiches feel like

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mindyandy420, Apr 1, 2008.

1. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

I'm just wanting to clarify what people mean by twitches. What I mean is it feels like baby kicks. Can you explain what yours feel like?
  2. akandmk

akandmk New Member

mine feels whatever part of me that is twitching is throbbing is suppose it could be like baby kicks sort of. Just smaller and a lot more annoying. Like when your eye twitches. I have twitches every day on different parts of my body that last different times.
  3. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

thats what mine feel like....throbbing.....differents parts of my body. They dont last long.
    When it does happen in my stomache it does sometimes feel like a baby.
  4. akandmk

akandmk New Member

Wow, I haven't really had twitches there yet. Mine are mostly in my arms, legs, bottom, or face. Although I do get alot of gas bubbles that break up and sometimes it feels like tiny baby kicks.
  5. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Hi--A few months after the onset of my severe ME, I started to have myoclonus--the sudden jerking of a limb. It got so bad, I could not sleep, even with piles of pillows and comforters on top of me to weight me down. Klonopin helped greatly with that. During the day, I still flail a hand or foot if there is a sudden noise.

I also get twitches (which feel a bit like a pinch) and bee sting sensations. The bee stings only occur on my limbs and hurt like heck for a half second and then are gone. I also have muscle fasciculations (rippling or contracting of muscles just under the skin) which are visible. Those are weird as it looks like something is crawling under your skin--a bit like a full term baby's movements being visible on a momma's tummy.

My doctor has said that all these things are part and parcel of my ME and central nervous disease (whatever it turns out to be!).

You might want to look up myoclonus and fasciculations on wikipedia. They have good descriptions of both.

6. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I call it "jumping muscles."

Doesn't hurt.

7. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

Thanks for all the descriptions. Everybody describes them differently. LOL
  8. suebrown9

suebrown9 New Member

My eye keeps flutterring, but when I look in the mirror there is no twitch. I know I have not been sleeping well, but this is freaking me out
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

They are involuntary movements, and can be big or tiny. Sometimes it happens once in one spot and sometimes it happens many times.

It is common for people with chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infections and Bartonella to have twitches.

10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I get the big ones, that can be a little uncomfortable, the little ones where my arm will look like my whole upper arm is twitching and I've gotten the "bee stings" ones. They feel like a zap but like a twitch zap. (oh that's easy to explain)

I've gotten them in my stomach. I've gotten the BIG jerks in my stomach. THAT is a strange feeling.