Can you get stay on EI (sick) while filing for CPPD?( CANADIANS)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I am back with another question.Will really APPRECIATE ANY help you can give me.
    I am currently drawing EI (sick).Do I need to go off it in order to apply for CPPD,or can I draw it while waiting to get an answer.I fear if I stay on it,I will have to pay it back if and when I hear from CPP.
    If I go off it I will have no money coming to me at all.But I think I would rather go without then try to pay it back.Its not big stamps but it is better than nothing.
    ANY help you can give me would be welcome.
    THANKS!!!
    Jordane
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Just bumping you up, you're getting low on the board.:)

Sorry I couldn't help.

Claudia
  3. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Every little bit helps.
    Even Bumping me up.
    Take Care!!
    Jordane
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I spoke to a Labour Lawyer about this today. She thinks it could be a problem but each case is different. It is less of a problem if you are on the EI sick benefit which I see you are on. She thinks the 2 departments could contact one another and it could affect your claim. The best advice is , in these more difficult cases, to get some legal advice yourself before you apply.
    If you are going to apply, I would suggesst you begin the process soon as it can take a few months for a ruling.

Good Luck
    Kathy.
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

THANKS for getting back to me about the EI.I will go to a lawyer and see what I can find out.And get started on my filing CPPD. You have helped me a great deal.
    Again THANKS!!
    Take Care!!
    Jordane
  6. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I was on E.I. sick benefits for a few weeks in 2005, and didn't have to pay it back, but it will increase my income so that I get to pay more income tax. Hopefully, they won't come up from behind now and make me pay it back! Marie
  7. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I just remembered that you have to make more than a certain amount in a year in order to have to pay it back. All of this information is online if you look for it. All of it. Marie
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

((BUMP))