Can You Have FM and Very Little Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jul 12, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Over the years I have seen many doctors, not many good ones, but have seen 3 rheumys the first one said CFS, (she has retired) The other two said FM.

I seem to have all the symptoms except I am not in much pain unless I overdo then I have body aches, especially in my legs but usually two bufferin will take care of what pain I have.

I don't have pain but have all the other symptoms. The fatigue, anxiety/depression, off balance, brain fog, can't think at times, sinus/allergies, dizziness, lightheaded, especially if I overdo I suffer with all the symptoms but pain is not the issue with me.

This is why I doubt my dx so often.

Thanks and God Bless,

2. clerty

clerty New Member

you could have both I do and it gets rather confusing I think I have Lyme and hope to have a live blood test soon to check it out have you been tested for Lyme ?
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I know that they always say that CFS is fatigue with pain as secondary and FM is pain with fatigue as secondary. I'm sure though that there are varying degrees of it. It also could be that over the years you've learned how to handle a lot of the stresses that can make things worse.

I'd love to have FM with less pain. Mine usually is at a 6-7 most days.

All the best,

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I believe you can - I've had FM for many many years I suspect. However, my pain has never been as bad as it has been the last two years. If I'd been diagnosed say 5 or 10 years ago, I'd say I didn't have the intense pain that many others have either.
    I think it depends on 'where you are' in the illness.

I had horrible knee/leg pain 21 years ago - literally couldn't walk up stairs at all - had to crawl. Thankfully that subsided. Have always had leg aches, especially when I was tired. Throughout the years had many other weird 'episodes' or strange symptoms. The cumulation of those and the way I felt most recently is what led to my diagnosis.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

To each for you input. I just need to accept the fact that whatever I have is strange and I do fit most of the symptoms.

If my mental state would just let me accept the fact I am no longer and never will be the ole me.

Guess I have more trouble with the mental than physical.

God Bless,